News: «Risque d'effondrement partiel» du pont Champlain, dit un rapport d'experts

Thankfully I work in Boucherville so I take the tunnel but god knows that's probably on the verge of collapsing too. Greed is one thing but these SOBs are playing with peoples' lives now. Time for this shit to stop.

At least, they will work better than the typical 36hrs/week with 2 hours of break per day and getting paid astronomic salaries to do nothing while someone else work because its not in your job description ...

We need a reform. Everything is in deep shit right now.

P.S Victoria bridge FTW!

Victoria Bridge FTW. Oldest bridge we have and the most reliable!!! I can always count on it.

The bridge is built on MASSIVE limestone piers. That shit won't budge. Why is it that Champlain, our newest bridge is the shittiest compared to Victoria/Jacques Cartier.

BTW Mercier bridge is a DUMP. I don't trust that shit.

Victoria Bridge FTW. Oldest bridge we have and the most reliable!!! I can always count on it.

The bridge is built on MASSIVE limestone piers. That shit won't budge. Why is it that Champlain, our newest bridge is the shittiest compared to Victoria/Jacques Cartier.

i think its because the champlain was built cheaply and since it was new has seen the most traffic, including trucks. The victoria is 1 lane in either direction for cars, so it has little car traffic (compared to champlain) but has the train which has massive amounts of weight. The fact that its still standing strong after 1000's of trains and cars passing is unbelievable workmanship.

i think its because the champlain was built cheaply and since it was new has seen the most traffic, including trucks. The victoria is 1 lane in either direction for cars, so it has little car traffic (compared to champlain) but has the train which has massive amounts of weight, probably twice the strain of cars and trucks.. The fact that its still standing strong after 1000's of trains and cars passing is unbelievable workmanship.

if you were to pass a train on the champlain, it go bye bye

victoria is also a POS bridge to drive on tho. if its raining, my steering becomes so light on that bridge that i feel like im gonna fly off into the river..

victoria is also a POS bridge to drive on tho. if its raining, my steering becomes so light on that bridge that i feel like im gonna fly off into the river..

That happens with my civic when it's raining. Kind of scary! My lexus weighs so damn much that it's not a problem. I've noticed most heavier cars I drive on that bridge don't get affected by that. In my civic it's a whole different story.

Champlain no more for me.. I prefer to make a detour to get onto the Victoria bridge, worse, Jacques-Cartier.

This is the result of wasting 30 years of political blabling about the HGW 30..

Now, sad to say, only a disaster will make the phuckers move and decide to do something...

Alors déménage! :dunno:

Je trouve ridicule de priorisé un amphithéâtre à Québec au détriment du Pont Champlain par contre... mais Charest veut des votes!

C'est mon plan... J'attend de finir les études...
On dirait que c'est impossible d'agir rapidement et foncer sur le problème au Qc.... Il y a tjrs des millions perduent pour des Études niaiseuses '' CHUM, METRO LAVAL, CHAMPLAIN,Toit du Stade Olympique...''
On le sait c'est que le problème alors, agissont!
En passant, le frère à mon Boss est plongeur pour la Sureté du Québec, et mon boss ma dit qu'en automne passé, il était aller plonger pour vérifier les structures et fondation sous-marine du pont et il pouvait rentrer son bras au complet dans le béton... Il a des trous ÉNORMES!

:run:
Alors déménage! :dunno:

Je trouve ridicule de priorisé un amphithéâtre à Québec au détriment du Pont Champlain par contre... mais Charest veut des votes!

ouais je suis d'accord, mais tser compare le maire labeaume et tremblay, les 2 sont des connards mais labeaume passe pas tout son temps a se crosser comme tremblay! Quand il veut faire quelque chose il le fait! Met le a montréal et je crois qu'il aurait mit tout ses efforts sur ce pont, tremblay a l'air de pas bouger son cul bin fort sur cette histoire! L'amphithéatre est priorisé parce qu'on voit que l'histoire vas aboutir avec labeaume. Mais pour ce qui est des routes/ponts, on voit bien qu'avec tremblay on est pas sorti du trou... une chance qu'il paye des taxes de plus pour tout ca a montreal:run:! Je vais rester sur le rive-nord, merci et bonne journee:thefinger

i think its because the champlain was built cheaply and since it was new has seen the most traffic, including trucks. The victoria is 1 lane in either direction for cars, so it has little car traffic (compared to champlain) but has the train which has massive amounts of weight. The fact that its still standing strong after 1000's of trains and cars passing is unbelievable workmanship.

thats it, if they dont know what they are doing when they construct a bridge for cars, they should construct it to withstand the weight of a train, then maybe it wouldn't disintegrate after 40 years of heavy service.

Why do I say this?

fact wikipedia "With nearly 160,000 daily crossings, the Champlain Bridge is the busiest bridge in Canada."

Its funny though how even the Jacques Cartier bridge is older, and in better condition overall. I point my finger at the contractors montreal used to construct it. What kind of crooked shit do you think they did in the 1960s?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Harbours_Board

you know if it did fall down what would happen. The champlain is what they call a cantilever, only supported on one side. Imagine the unsupported side broke... I guess the city has no intentions of mentioning what could physically happen to the bridge if it were to collapse.

800px-Pierre_Pflimlin_UC_AdjAndCrop.jpg

check this shit out, very interesting read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantilever_bridge

So the famous seperations in the bridge we all hate in the winter (low suspension badtimes) is those sections of the bridge actually contracting and expanding with the changes in temperature. I'd say, period de Degel: stay away from the bridge.

wikipedia

Replacement of Champlain Bridge

On September 20, 2007, a major French-language Montreal daily, Le journal de Montréal, published a story about federal government plans to build a new 10-lane span next to Champlain Bridge rather than face the increasing maintenance cost of the aging structure.[4] Federal minister Lawrence Cannon confirmed that his ministry is seriously considering the prospect of a new bridge.[5]

In October 2007, Novaroute, a private firm, revealed a plan to construct a two-story tunnel bridge under the Saint Lawrence River that would also collect tolls based on the time period. In Novaroute's plan, one level would be for buses and trains while the second would be for all other vehicles except tractor-trailers. The tunnel would be built under a public-private partnership and take five years to complete.[6]

In August 2008, the Canadian federal ministry of transportation confirmed that studies and scenarios were ordered to build a new bridge within 10 or 15 years. The new structure would likely be 8 to 10 lanes wide and include a light rail train to connect the south shore to Montreal.[7][8]

voice your complaints to: The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Incorporated the responsible for maintenance on the bridges

yes.. the answer to all our problems, stay away from 2 of the 3 bridges connecting the south shore to montreal... awesome.

luckily i'm taking a break from the poker rooms in kahnewake this time of year.

its ok, either way it risks to come down in 2012 ;) , the gazette outlines that it would not withstand an earthquake LOL so jokes

Back