News: «Risque d'effondrement partiel» du pont Champlain, dit un rapport d'experts

VWSpeed

Don't need an earthquake to knock down the Champlain bridge

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualite...ne=cyberpresse_B4_manchettes_231_accueil_POS1

Le pont Champlain est tellement fragile qu'il risque de s'écrouler et qu'il doit être remplacé au plus vite par un nouveau pont, soutiennent deux rapports d'experts remis à Transports Canada et obtenus en exclusivité par La Presse. «Il a été reconnu qu'il y a un risque d'effondrement partiel du pont, ou même d'un effondrement d'une travée (une partie du pont entre deux piliers)», indique un des deux rapports, rédigés par la firme Delcan et datés du 15 décembre dernier.
0311champlain.jpg

Government will wait for it to sink down the St-Laurent and then declare the new Champlain Tunnel open!

Si toutes les ponts pourrait tomber qui menent a Montreal, une économie intelligente pourrait commencer sur la Rive-Sud et la Rive-Nord .... non, mais fallait tu etre un colisse de moron mettre toutes les jobs/industries/économies sur une putain d'ile .... voyons ...

Relatedly, I drove from Ile Perrot to Drummondville today; Saw three people being pulled over by cops, and two more speed traps. Then on the way back to Montreal there were three transport Quebec trucks blocking the left lane under an overpass near Saint Isidore (I think) and that forced everyone to drive on a lane with a crevice that could have fitted a sofa.

Lucky me I had the Lancer and I saw it on time to swerve and avoid it.

That money goes where exactly?

Champlain Bridge is broken down,
Falling down, falling down.
Champlain Bridge is falling down,
My fair lady.

Build it up with wood and clay,
Wood and clay, wood and clay,
Build it up with wood and clay,
My fair lady.

Wood and clay will wash away,
Wash away, wash away,
Wood and clay will wash away,
My fair lady.

Build it up with bricks and mortar,
Bricks and mortar, bricks and mortar,
Build it up with bricks and mortar,
My fair lady.

Bricks and mortar will not stay,
Will not stay, will not stay,
Bricks and mortar will not stay,
My fair lady.

Build it up with iron and steel,
Iron and steel, iron and steel,
Build it up with iron and steel,
My fair lady.

Iron and steel will bend and bow,
Bend and bow, bend and bow,
Iron and steel will bend and bow,
My fair lady.

Build it up with silver and gold,
Silver and gold, silver and gold,
Build it up with silver and gold,
My fair lady.

Silver and gold will be stolen away,
Stolen away, stolen away,
Silver and gold will be stolen away,
My fair lady.

Set a man to watch all night,
Watch all night, watch all night,
Set a man to watch all night,
My fair lady.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,
Fall asleep, fall asleep,
Suppose the man should fall asleep?
My fair lady.

Give him a pipe to smoke all night,
Smoke all night, smoke all night,
Give him a pipe to smoke all night,
My fair lady.

ya, this is bullshit and should not be tolerated anymore.
but what are you going to do about it?

a friend of a friend was working on one of these reports, told me to stay off the bridge... I ignored her warning... now... hmmmmm

I've said it before. Someone is gonna have to die because of our roads before anything is done about it. OH WAIT, that's already happened and still nothing is being done. I give up.

It's not as bad as they make it out to be. However a replacement is needed. I trust the Ghamplain more then the Mercier.

ON attends qui tombe ou ils vont en faire un autre à côté avant 20 ans?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualite...yberpresse_BO2_quebec_canada_178_accueil_POS1

Le pont Champlain est tellement fragile qu'il risque de s'écrouler et qu'il doit être remplacé au plus vite par un nouveau pont, soutiennent deux rapports d'experts remis à Transports Canada et obtenus en exclusivité par La Presse. «Il a été reconnu qu'il y a un risque d'effondrement partiel du pont, ou même d'un effondrement d'une travée (une partie du pont entre deux piliers)», indique un des deux rapports, rédigés par la firme Delcan et datés du 15 décembre dernier.

0311champlain.jpg

Photo: Cedric Sam

Back