Airbus A380 hits another plane at JFK

"Restez assis jusqu'à ce que la consigne des ceintures de sécurité soit éteinte"

massive wing span on those things... but the crj700 is ABNORMALY long (and theres two even longer versions)

I don't think it's the pilot's fault...
At the airports you always have those guys on the strips that control the planes and tell them where to go, I think it was their job to make sure the plane passes.

I don't think it's the pilot's fault...
At the airports you always have those guys on the strips that control the planes and tell them where to go, I think it was their job to make sure the plane passes.

Those guys with red sticks only help the plane at the gates. On the taxiway, pilots have to communicate with the "ground control" and follow their orders (although the pic has the last word wether or not to follow these orders, he can decide not to follow them if he feels that these order may alter the security of the "flight").

From what I can see (which is not much), the pilot of the crj stopped too soon after crossing the taxiway the airbus was on. He should have made sure that the plane was at least 200 ft from the taxiway ( I know this rule applies to runways but I'm not sure about taxiways).

Back