BMW 1M Coupe first impressions

Marc123

BMW-1M-Couper-2011_007.jpg

Thrill seekers and Bimmerphiles, rejoice! Your car has landed. The arrival of a car such as the 1-Series M Coupé is a rare occasion under $100,000: More power, badass-ness and less weight are scarcely seen these days, when more eventually leads to more.

The modern-day M3 is a brilliant car, however its bourgeois-ness and avoirdupois have taken away what was once a pure unburdened driving machine; BMW simply acquiesced to what the market wanted. They, as well as we, knew that something had been left behind in the process, something they and I call the “chassis-car” feeling. I'm here to tell you that it's all back.

One cannot help but to compare the new 1M to the one that started the M craze. Some, many in fact, may jump in wielding swords and medieval war hammers belching out the M1 as being the originator of all things M. Sure, the M1 was tight and featured all the latest conceivable bits of technology BMW could cram into it, but the one, the M, is the E30 M3. If you are unfamiliar with this car, you either own a beige 1988 Corolla or hate cars and everything they stand for.

More:
BMW 1M Coupe Review

mahahahahha
The $58,000 Shelby GT500 also comes to mind, but that would be like comparing David on steroids, two cases of Red Bull and cocaine to Goliath... Now there's a battle I'd pay to watch.

si la Mustang 5.0 a des performances identiques ou presque a celles de la M3, ca serait pas plus la 5.0 normale qui faudrait comparer?

its nice besides that you look like a douchebag in a tiny red bmw.. and fifi aswell, but its a monster and hence i respect it but m3>m1

I don't think you look like a douche in any car, until you rev like a douche, or play jersey shore songs like a douche.

Im being honest but what would stop me from adding a jb tune to a 135I and throwing on coilovers and schooling this thing around a track?

Not being a smart ass I am curious if it REALLY is worth it for someone to get this over doing the above.

It's the fact that it has an m-badge, and that you don't have to "mod" it. It's like buying a Civic Si, or Acura CSX. :p

Saw a nice black one in a dealership. I love the back end, It looks so aggressive and wide in person. Inside was very nice as well.
But, It's up there in price especially with some options. I just don't know if it's worth it when it almost puts a C63 in sight, a year old M3 or Cayman.

Have you heard the M3's V8 at 8400RPMs in person? Turbos are nice and smooth, but the M3 engine is manic.

You take your sound file, I'll take near perfect balance, reduced weight, and unbelievable corner exit torque and power delivery. Never thought I'd see the day that a self proclaimed Porsche fanboy would trade balance and general car prowess for auditory bliss.

Im being honest but what would stop me from adding a jb tune to a 135I and throwing on coilovers and schooling this thing around a track?

Not being a smart ass I am curious if it REALLY is worth it for someone to get this over doing the above.

135i doesn't have an lsd

Back