Civic SI 06-08 ou GTI 07

Falcon007

Voilà mon dilem, petite mise en situation, je joue 1-2 fois semaine au hockey ( je suis goaler ) et ma poche de hockey fait 48x24 qui rentrait de peine et misère dans la porte arrière en forçant dans mon ex STI haha!

Ceci étant dit j'ai eu une RSX-S 2006 il y a 3 ans et j'avais bien aimé cette auto et j'avais jamais eu de trouble avec pendant ces 3 années.

Donc, la civic étant similaire mon ex RSX je suis pas trop stresser à savoir la fiabilité.

Par contre, j'aime bien la GTI et de par son hayon ce serait très pratique pour mon hockey ( car si j'opte pour la civic je devrai probablement *spliter mon équipement en 2 partie* pour le rentré dans le char).

Mais moi et VW... disons que je suis plus connaisseur en voiture japonaise... donc point très important pour moi côté fiabilité ça dit quoi une GTI 07-08 manuel avec 100k kilo?? Point important à regardé??

Merci de votre aide!

Volkswagens are plagued with electrical issues save yourself some money and headaches and buy the SI not only that but Honda are well known for having the best customer service and Volkswagen the absolute worst.

J'ai une GLi 07 que j'ai acheté il y a exactement 1 an d'un dealer VW avec une garantie certifié pur a 99000km

A part les entretiens réguliers rien a signaler a part ma DV (chip) qui a lacher mais changer sous garantie sans problemes.

J'ai fait 32000 km depuis mon achat et je suis entierement satisfait a part qu'il manque une traction integrale.

and LOL at montrealv8 for the customer service, it all depens on the dealer, doesnt mean one is bad that all are bad.

Volkswagens are plagued with electrical issues save yourself some money and headaches and buy the SI not only that but Honda are well known for having the best customer service and Volkswagen the absolute worst.

Ummm no. This generation of vw's is far better than the previous ones.

GTI 2.0T + Chip = approx 240hp
SI + I/H/E + Hondata = approx 240hp

Personally I would stick with the GTI because that's what I have alway haved and don't like revving to 8000rpm just to start getting somewhere. That's just me.

Ummm no. This generation of vw's is far better than the previous ones.

GTI 2.0T + Chip = approx 240hp
SI + I/H/E + Hondata = approx 240hp

Personally I would stick with the GTI because that's what I have alway haved and don't like revving to 8000rpm just to start getting somewhere. That's just me.

You should make it more

GTI 2.0T + TBE/I + chip = aprox 270 hp and 320 lbs of torque
SI + I/H/E + Hondata = approx 240 hp

Gti all the way ! Côté performance, confort , beauté ça a rien à voir avec une civic .... La plupart du monde que je connais qui avaient une Honda et qui vont dans le volks ne retournent Jamais dans le Honda ;)

A 4 door GTI with a DSG is, in my opinion, one of the best daily drivers you can own *IF* you want a sporty car with practicality.

avoid 06-07 SI's, they did have a few problems (which is a lot for a honda), 08 onwards are super solid, whereas in contrast, the GTI isn't as reliable if you compare it to the SI

They're both fun DD's, though the civic has no torque and you feel the lack of, but it's fun in the higher rpm's

Overall they're both nice though, it's your call really.

I was a goalie and my bag fit in my SI. My Civic was the single best car I have ever owned and for an all rounder probably the best car there is. (srs)
I regret crashing it every day and wish I still had it

Gti all the way.

because fan boy

but srsly, you can't beat the feel and power of the Gti. Doesn't feel cheap at all.

I would have made a poll.

Would take the Si. I don't like the idea of buying a 100k km VW + you're still gonna have to pay a relatively high price.

J'ai une GLi 07 que j'ai acheté il y a exactement 1 an d'un dealer VW avec une garantie certifié pur a 99000km

A part les entretiens réguliers rien a signaler a part ma DV (chip) qui a lacher mais changer sous garantie sans problemes.

J'ai fait 32000 km depuis mon achat et je suis entierement satisfait a part qu'il manque une traction integrale.

and LOL at montrealv8 for the customer service, it all depens on the dealer, doesnt mean one is bad that all are bad.

Don't take my word for it and check out VW enthusiast websites, whereas Honda have the highest rate of returning customers in the buisness for a reason and when they do have an issue with something they acknowledge it and slap an extended guarantee on the defective part even if it's an expensive part (engine).
..Not like Volkswagens refusal to deal with defective ignition coils in millions of cars or electrical problems, it's been 20 years and they still haven't fix the those problems lol
Again, don't take my word for it and go check golfMKV.com and tell me if reliability is better.. HA!
I won't even get into all the Volkswagens you see on stuck on the side of the road it's incredible.

Don't take my word for it and check out VW enthusiast websites, whereas Honda have the highest rate of returning customers in the buisness for a reason and when they do have an issue with something they acknowledge it and slap an extended guarantee on the defective part even if it's an expensive part (engine).
..Not like Volkswagens refusal to deal with defective ignition coils in millions of cars or electrical problems, it's been 20 years and they still haven't fix the those problems lol
Again, don't take my word for it and go check golfMKV.com and tell me if reliability is better.. HA!
I won't even get into all the Volkswagens you see on stuck on the side of the road it's incredible.

No freakin clue where you get all that out of your a$$ information, was maybe true for older mk3's generation, which had electrical problems. But newer models are pretty robust, 1 winter beater I had was a 2002 Jetta, beaten to death, close to 300k and still on the road today (friend of mine) with no money invested on repairs. We are in 2012 man, wake up. The GTI the OP is interested in runs a 2.0t and I have the same engine in my Audi, driven hard everyday, only thing you need to change is the DV for the newer model and check out your cam follower (50$). Also parts arent expensive... I was a Honda guy before and never saw that much difference in price..

gti coz fanboy like mentioned already

but speaking as a car detailer the gtis interior is 10 times better than the si, quality and finish of the gti really shows (as any other german car).

i say test drive both, call your insurance company and then make a decision!

No freakin clue where you get all that out of your a$$ information, was maybe true for older mk3's generation, which had electrical problems. But newer models are pretty robust, 1 winter beater I had was a 2002 Jetta, beaten to death, close to 300k and still on the road today (friend of mine) with no money invested on repairs. We are in 2012 man, wake up. The GTI the OP is interested in runs a 2.0t and I have the same engine in my Audi, driven hard everyday, only thing you need to change is the DV for the newer model and check out your cam follower (50$). Also parts arent expensive... I was a Honda guy before and never saw that much difference in price..

Thank you, was about to post the same thing. My precious car was a mk4 Jetta and i never had an issue with it. 230 000 km went i sold it, stage 2, 23 psi on the original turbo, clutch and transmission and engine. I've owned 3 Honda before and i really haven't been impressed with their reliabily. Some say you can beat them but i had to change parts that werent cheap.

ive driven both many times. tough choice.
for a daily driver the GTi outclasses the Si in 2 crucial areas 1-Torque 2- interior.

i would still take the Si just based on personal preference, i find its 6 speed close ratio gearbox with a real helical LSD much smoother, precise and more fun.
i also find the Si to be the better handling car of the 2.
The K20z3 is also a blast, ever heard 8250rpm (stock) in a tunnel?

oh ya, Honda because fanboy.

Back