News: 2015 Ford Mustang 4-Cylinder Turbo Confirmed for U.S.

J'espère qu'elle va être badger SVO.

J'aime vraiment l'idée de tasser le V6 pour le Eco Boost .. Nouvelle tranche d'acheteur pour sure! les puristes V8 Mullet et la génération techno qui vont faire des ravages avec le Eco Boost!

Ain't gonna happen, that will be the day that they killed the Mustang

they will either kill the mustang entirely or make it a 4 cyl turbo / 6 cyl twin(?)
Arent they going with an independent rear suspension now? I think theyre trying to change the way we think of the mustang

I love v8s but its not realistic anymore with new regulations, taxes and rising fuel prices

I think it's great. Arguably one of the best mustangs ever made was a 4cyl Turbo

the only reason they stopped that engine was because the 5.0L was supposed to be the "performance model" but the 2.3 T's were faster and lighter. They had even designed a DOHC version of the motor but scrapped the plan because they thought the public wasnt ready for it, the public (stupid) still wanted V8's, and turbo cars had no market. It was too ahead of its time.

They also have plans of making a V6 turbo model (like the taurus 3.3L SHO or whatever) for the mustang.

Also it'll have an independent rear suspension. But who know's what will happen by the time it comes out.

J'espère qu'elle va être badger SVO.

J'aime vraiment l'idée de tasser le V6 pour le Eco Boost .. Nouvelle tranche d'acheteur pour sure! les puristes V8 Mullet et la génération techno qui vont faire des ravages avec le Eco Boost!

En fait le V6 vas rester sur les modèles de base et le 4 turbo sera offert en option sur les modèles premium.

This is exciting news from Ford and I like the rendering. The Mustang will now be a global product just like all other Ford models. Given they are targetting the European market we can be assured of improved handling. Aggressive styling, RWD, better steering & handling, V8 power, lighter wieght (hopefully), smells like a homerun to me.

I don't think Ford will scrap the V8 model... Imean come on! Not only is the 5.0 an icon that, if eliminated,will cause sales to plunder, but the new Coyote V8 is what... 2yrs old? It would be a huge waste to bin such a recent & well reviewed engine... Also not sure if it's such a good idea for a TT V6 model to be added to the range... We would be looking at 5 basic engines in the range without including variants (GT vs Boss vs Laguna Seca for ex.)

My 2c.

I don't think Ford will scrap the V8 model... Imean come on! Not only is the 5.0 an icon that, if eliminated,will cause sales to plunder, but the new Coyote V8 is what... 2yrs old? It would be a huge waste to bin such a recent & well reviewed engine... Also not sure if it's such a good idea for a TT V6 model to be added to the range... We would be looking at 5 basic engines in the range without including variants (GT vs Boss vs Laguna Seca for ex.)

My 2c.
well there would be no boss, infact I think next year they are scrapping the Boss already. There won't be any lagune seca either I'm pretty sure.

All I will say is this... Better be a damn good 4 cyl turbo that they plan to drop between the shock towers. Messing with the Mustang is like messing with a redneck's guns.

in before 4cyl mustangs with software tune eating V8 mustangs and wars starts just like 335 vs M3

Last edited:
I wish they would make the Mustang smaller. It's a sick car, but it just seems too big most of the time. The Fox bodies were the perfect size.

Au début j`étais decu, mais maintenant je me dis que c`est peut-etre pas une mauvaise chose. Tant que le V8 reste au catalogue. Par contre, si je devrais acheter une Mustang 2015, je la prendrais avec le 5.0 sans hésité. Le 4cyl Turbo est bon pour ceux qui veulent conduire une Mustang... Mais pour les puristes, je me vois pas conduire un muscle car avec un 4cyl... c`est mon avis.

I've got a 1.6 ecoboost for work and it burns more fuel then my 2012 STI and even with the 6 speed transmission, it packs only a fifth of the punch I get in the STI. It ecofails if you ask me and a disgrace that they put something like this in the mustang. They should at least make it a small displacement boosted 6.

Back