Any way to get a R34 GTR in Montreal?

Ittoryu

Is there any way to own this car and be able to drive it in Montreal? I know there's a law saying RHD cars are illegal unless older than 25 years old. Are there any loopholes or workarounds this law?

No legal way for it to be Qc rego'd but out of prov registration could be an option....

As well as a possible VIN 'mixup' between an unfortunate R32 & that R34 you're mirin'

Is there any way to own this car and be able to drive it in Montreal? I know there's a law saying RHD cars are illegal unless older than 25 years old. Are there any loopholes or workarounds this law?

there is always a way. Even a GTR34 in ontario is around 35k$. Do you have that kind of money, cash ? After you can afford it. Then there's steps to take that costs $$$

No legal way for it to be Qc rego'd but out of prov registration could be an option....

As well as a possible VIN 'mixup' between an unfortunate R32 & that R34 you're mirin'

If I have a friend living in Ontario, can I register it under my name with his address? How much shit can I get into by doing this?

VIN mix-up would probably require me to get an R32, no? Won't it be a big risk if you get caught? Fraud?

Don't you need to be dealing cars or car parts to get an x-plate? Don't do any of those so it doesn't seem like an option for me. Or is there another way?

there is always a way. Even a GTR34 in ontario is around 35k$. Do you have that kind of money, cash ? After you can afford it. Then there's steps to take that costs $$$

Yes, I have enough. Mind explaining the extra steps please?

The most viable option to me seems like registering it Ontario as I have a buddy living there but I'm not really sure how that works. Is it a hassle and what are the chances of getting in trouble if I get pulled over?

What we are saying here is that getting an r34 here in quebec is a fucking bad idea.

If you box it and get caught car will end seized.

Just get something else...

If I have a friend living in Ontario, can I register it under my name with his address? How much shit can I get into by doing this?

VIN mix-up would probably require me to get an R32, no? Won't it be a big risk if you get caught? Fraud?

^^

this is your best (and only "legal") option, look into that

There is no way to plate this car with Quebec plates without going very illegal

If you regester the car in Ontario and do not have a Ontario license, the car will be seized.

Register the car in ontario, change your drivers license to an Ontario one and then you can drive it here

If you regester the car in Ontario and do not have a Ontario license, the car will be seized.

Register the car in ontario, change your drivers license to an Ontario one and then you can drive it here

...Not sure about that ! that's extreme as hell.

If you do mix VIN, you can bet jealous Quebecers will tell on you.... i give you one summer lol

...Not sure about that ! that's extreme as hell.

If you do mix VIN, you can bet jealous Quebecers will tell on you.... i give you one summer lol

It's those snitchers that snitches to the cops to tell the cops to verify the VIN , license , registration ect because you got hold on the holy grail of japanese car.

i've seen f plate R34 EVO 5 & MKIV supra....next to my dealership ( Nissan St-leonard) I'm guessing its Osaka driving the cars around. but with F plate seems like no one bats an eye...

I also heard that switching your license to ontario license then plating ontario is the BEST idea...got a friend that did that for his and his bike. just remember you got e tests and all that rubbish to do.

why do you have to have an ontario license? You re not allowed to drive your "brothers" car while he's visiting from ON?

VIN mix-up would probably require me to get an R32, no? Won't it be a big risk if you get caught? Fraud??

Look, the only real legal legit way to get a genuine R34 on the road in Qc rego'd et al. would be a very costly RHD to LHD conversion BEFORE import to the prov of Qc., hence getting it inspected as a 15y-o+ LHD private import... People do it in EU & AUS, but you'd be looking at a 5-digit budget on getting this done...

Back