Diesel in gasoline engine - help!

Rennport996

Legacy Member
My retarded brother Bilo is a real neophyte when it comes to cars.. When he came home last night from the cabane a sucre du pied de cochon he had trouble with the gas pump at a petro-canada.

By mistake he put about 10 liters of diesel before realizing his mistake, he then filled up the rest with normal gas. I thought the nozzle didnt fit in gas cars but he says he manage to make it work..

His car is the new golf 1.8t 2015.
He drove home without issues, but i feel like it might be bad for the fuel system..

Do you think he should get the gas tank emptied and get some work done on the car or just leave it like that??

Thanks!!

id get the gas tank emptied right away , and might want to change the injectors they might get clogged

J'en ai tellement vu souvent entrer au garage quand je travaillais chez Honda, que les personnes ont gazer au diesel..

Ca pas prit de temps qu'ils sont arrives sur le towing

they wont mix up... diesel is heavier so itll get to the bottom of the tank and fuel pump will definatly pump diesel only into the engine and it wont start

Tell him to leave it like that and to don't bother with it. 10L in a 50L fuel tank won't harm anything. Its not bad for anything in the fuel system and the diesel will mix with the gasoline in the tank and they will both be burned together.

Might see a little bit of smoke.

10L of gasoline in a 50L diesel fuel tank would be another story.

they wont mix up... diesel is heavier so itll get to the bottom of the tank and fuel pump will definatly pump diesel only into the engine and it wont start

No. Diesel and gasoline will mix together with no problem like any other petrol-based product*. After a LONG TIME they'll start to stratificate (lightest one on top heaviest one at bottom) if left untouched but not in a car. Whenever the car will moves, the fuel will slosh in the tank and they will stay mixed.

*Think about mixed gas for 2-strokes engine. The gasoline doesnt float on top of the oil when its mixed. Even after a year being left still its still mixed. Diesel is oil.

I would just buy a quality siphon pump and spend the rest of the afternoon thinking about my stupidity and pumping out all the contents of the tank for my lawn mower.

No. Diesel and gasoline will mix together with no problem like any other petrol-based product*. After a LONG TIME they'll start to stratificate (lightest one on top heaviest one at bottom) if left untouched but not in a car. Whenever the car will moves, the fuel will slosh in the tank and they will stay mixed.

*Think about mixed gas for 2-strokes engine. The gasoline doesnt float on top of the oil when its mixed. Even after a year being left still its still mixed. Diesel is oil.

This

Du diesel c'Est de l'huile, le char va rotter un peu et boucané blanc mais c'est pas la fin du monde.

Sur mon crown vic j'était au drag, j'ai manquer d'essence. Le gars de la place m'offre un peu de gaz, je vide environ 10l et en redéposant la canisse je trouve que mes mains sont huileuse... C'était du fuel.

Le char a démarrer mais rotter comme le criss, j'ai faite un bon 10km pour me rendre a la station service, mit 20$ de gaz et j'ai prit l'autoroute. J'ai bruler cette tanké la le soir meme et reremplit d'essence et c'était regler.

mettez lui la pierre de la honte
homer_drags_stone_of_shame_from_2f09.jpg

Une petite quantité de diesel?
Ton moteur vas pouvoir prendre le diesel sans vraiment de problemes (ne pas refaire l'erreur trop souvent).

Une chance que ce n'est pas la situation inverse (du gaz dans un diesel engine). La sa aurais été une tout autre histoire :run:

le taux d'octane est un epeu plus bas, mais normalement y devrait pas avoir de trouble poue 10 L. Un de mes chum a mis 8L de diesel dans son 1.7 el l'an dernier, il m'a appelé pour savoir quoi faire, et il n'a jamais eu le moindre problème.

remplis de gaz pour le diluer et roule pépère pour vider la tank, pas de pédale au plancher et tu va être correct

Si t'as pas de problème, laisse ça comme ça. Mais je met un gros 20$ que le char ne partira pas à un moment donné.... :D

Une petite quantité de diesel?
Ton moteur vas pouvoir prendre le diesel sans vraiment de problemes (ne pas refaire l'erreur trop souvent).

Une chance que ce n'est pas la situation inverse (du gaz dans un diesel engine). La sa aurais été une tout autre histoire :run:

Je mets 2-3 litre de gaz dans mon vw tdi pour que le fuel ne gèle pas!

Back