Neon DOHC vs Z24

Status
Not open for further replies.

letsroll

Qui gagnerai stock pour stock???

Ne tenez pas compte des chauffeurs non plus

Je me demande quel des 2 je devrais modifiée.....
En ce moment jai une Neon 95 mais je veux macheter sois une autre Neon ou une cavalier de 97++ que je vais modifier

Alors lequel des 2 je devrais modifier?

'moi aussi j'ai une Z24 97...mais je pense que les 2 on du potentiel.vas y pour celle que tu trouves la plus belle.
MARC r

I've seen stock neon sports (150hp version) running 15.4's I don't whata stock Z runs but I am guessing a high15

I heard people in the states getting low 15's on an neon ACR. Also, I like j-body's a lot, but I think that a neon has at least the same potential, people can get in to the low 14's or even less n/a.

If you want to go turbo with your neon then Hans makes 3 stages of a turbo kit for the neon.

Again, I don't know too much about the potential of the 2.4l, because I don't usualy go to the j-body.org forum. But the cars are really nice and I'm sure you can get some nice hp out of that engine as well.

Now for my personal opinion (let the flames begin) if you want something fast then rather investing in those 2, just buy a faster car to start with.

Originally posted by DomesticDisturb
J'ai un z24 97 et sans dénigrer une neon... la cavalier a beaucoup plus de potentiel... un choix a faire

Tu te base sur quoi pour dire ca??? c'est deux moteurs diff. La neon c'est le genre de moteur qu'on peut exploiter plus comme une "japonese" avec un computer perf. le cut-off est a 7600-800rpm je pense, et avec des bonnes modifications le char va tirer jusqu'au cut-off. Les j-body's c'est plus basé sur le torque puis la puissance à bas rpm, le seul problème c'est que je ne vois pas comment tu peux exploiter du torque et puissance a bas rpm avec un 4cyl.

Je ne veux pas partir un gros débat, car je suis sur que les 2.4l ont leur avantages aussi, mais c'était juste un exemple pour dire de ne jamais sous-estimer aucun moteur, char et son potentiel.

Get a focus ! :D !

no no ! I mean you can go with a neon or a Z24, the 2 have the same potential ! But the Neon is différent in look for more cars !

i totally agree with the two cars having the same potential...mind you ive never driven a Neon before and i have a Z24 and the pick up in these cars is impressive. I bought the car a year ago and i thought it wasnt the best in power but a muffler, full arm P-flow and an upper motor mount makes a big difference. Until a race like this happins and the two go head to head stock.....ill change my choice to even.

Take care.

My friend that i used to work with lost a race to his bestfriends GF in her neon R/T the DOHC 150 hp version so the neon is the lighter car so i would give it to the neon.

hehe

ben jai eu une neon sport coupe 95 !! pis caline que ca anacait asteure jai une z-22 mais caliboire quest font trop haut mais pour les bruit de moteur la neon est trop bruyante !! mais mais un kit wing west des beaux mags un coup dropper pis les beaux double muffler de vibrant pis sa te fait un calisterine de beau char mon avis !!

Originally posted by MonOncTsi
They have something in common. They both blow head gaskets. ;)

Si le gasket de z pete... sa coute ben moin cher qu'un talon alias mitsubishi alias dodge alias coute cher a reparer...

:rolleyes:

Z-24 all the way...Better looking, more torque, more reliable, less expensive to repair and great sound when reving up engine :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back