whats your fav v8????

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red cherokee

hi guys,just wondering what your fav v8 is???mine would have be the chevy 427 rat.....it came high hoarsepower and torque........or the 383 stroker,which is a 350 with a 400 crank.......but i have to say the 350 is the most simplistic engine to build,modify,and repair!!!!!

Mopar Baby!!!!
For me it has to be the 426 hemi Charger 425 HP out of the box with 512 lbs of torque!!. Put that engine in a mustang LX and watch it fly!!

I don't know. I like the 2001 cobra.

I like some older muscle cars but don't really have a favourite.

lol.
Ok my favorite motor is not the 4.6 V8. Actually the 4.6 V8 sucks ass. My favorite motor is in 15seccavi's Oldmobile.

For me the good old 351 WINDSOR...
That really kick some buts...
Don't you think, red Cherokee?

whats your fav v8

well tek.......i do like that motor but i would rather the 351 cleveland.........but i trully am a big block man!!!!!!426,427,429,454,502,608,ect.......

Re: whats your fav v8

As for crate engines I would say the 512, or maybe the 468 rat.

If you were talking about engines you can find in a stock car there is nothing better than the 426 hemi.

I also have a lot of respect for: 302, 350, 440, 502.

tek.. I love the 351 windsor block too, but I have to agree with red..the Clevland was the better motor...I have respect for all eights I just like the fact that you can get the same horses out of a mouse as you can a rat, thats cuz I own a mouse...by the way Props to all of you who know the meaning of RAT and MOUSE blocks....an GM term only..P you could back me up on this one.

RWD as for create motors the best one GMs made besides its bigblock has to be the new LS5..straight out of the box with 375ponies...GOD I LOVE EIGHTS

I would have to say the 5.0L mustangs. A couple of my friends have some and they never stop amazing me. The power they have, even stock is crazy. My friend has a 91 5.0 lx with a cold air intake, headers, pulleys, exhaust and he ran a 13.9 at lusksville. I would personally buy the new cobra or the 2004 that is coming out supercharged. Although I saw 2 Cobra's blow there rear end at Sanair but I think thats because they were just stupid. I also love the sound, smoothness and power of the trans am.

THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK NO DOUBT IS 350 CHEV,STROKED OR NOT BUT THE FASTEST MOTOR WHERE $ IS NO PROBLEM IS THE 426 HEMI HANDS DOWN...TOP FUEL DRAGSTERS HAVE 6000 USABLE HORSEPOWER BUT MAKE WELL OVER 8000 HP AND 8000 LBS OF TQ

My kind of girl!

Girlie Girl said:
I would have to say the 5.0L mustangs. A couple of my friends have some and they never stop amazing me. The power they have, even stock is crazy. My friend has a 91 5.0 lx with a cold air intake, headers, pulleys, exhaust and he ran a 13.9 at lusksville. I would personally buy the new cobra or the 2004 that is coming out supercharged. Although I saw 2 Cobra's blow there rear end at Sanair but I think thats because they were just stupid. I also love the sound, smoothness and power of the trans am.

Nice proved me right yet again. There is nothing like a Mustang when it comes to amazing a woman! All that power smoothness sound and power now your talking girlie girl! Oh ya my fav the ford 427 aka gorilla! Thats a motor! fav car mustang 9! It outcornered outaccelerated and outstyled everything including mopars aka the elephant back in the day. Also did you guys know the hemi was designed by a woman? Seriously ! Cant remember her name but she designed the hemispherical head you see now in all the import stuff out there! The most used cylinder head design in history was designed by someone like girliegirl! Ladies can engineer with the best of them and they can cook and make babies too. Makes you feel a little insignificant doens't it boys! Besides all the technologies back then were given away to the japs back when their cars were the most unreliable of all. And now look at them if it wasnt for the tariffs imposed on foreign cars the big three would never sell a thing! Girls can too for sure!

Last edited:
hi dude are you the guy who does the porting ?

tkr said:
Hemi had 425hp and 490 tq not 512!

Hi dude are you the mechanic at tk I've heard so much about, good things I mean !Was it you who build that blue 95s motor the guys name was peter blue rims and ap racing brakes? Also whats with that car? I Sold his tranny t6 and coverting it back to stock. I'd appreciate if it was you who built it some details on the specs of the motor. All the info you can give me if possible. I know it has an r block and the guy had spent like 40k on it and the car still ran 12's you guys put an extender on it? Vortech t trim tuned by shawn hyland? Whats the deal? I'd like to help him out but he has no info to gimme! He hasnt a clue what was done to it!

johnny

hey why'd you erase your message?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back