240 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

240rider

i've been having a misfiring problem with my 96 240. Basically what happens is the car "bucks" and the RPM drops. It usually occurs in first or second, while either shifting gears or just crusing. It first happened really badly three months ago, so i changed the spark plugs and it got much better. Two weeks ago it happened again, and a few times since. When it happens, it will usually be more than just once. I work at a Nissan dealership so i asked some mechanics to look at it. None could come up with a certain diagnosis, but they did have some suggestions: 1. Mass air flow, 2. O2 sensor, 3. Timing chain, 4. rotor cap.... I haven't even been able to find any consistent patterns as to when the knock happens (engine hot/cold, etc). So since mechanics can't help me, i'm basically looking for somebody who has experienced a similar problem and who might have some suggestions. Thanks

hey man,

i have the exact same problem and have no clue what it is, i changed the spark plugs, i even took the valve cover off and checked the valves, they were ok,.

some other things besides the maf, could be the rotor cap, or even the spark plug wires.
maybe the fuel filter.

Steve S14 said:
hey man,

i have the exact same problem and have no clue what it is, i changed the spark plugs, i even took the valve cover off and checked the valves, they were ok,.

some other things besides the maf, could be the rotor cap, or even the spark plug wires.
maybe the fuel filter.

Guy's it look like a grounding problem almost for sure!

what grounds should i check?

i know the ones near the manifold under the valve cover are ok, i had them off, and put them back on

ya

i had the same problem on my 240, and i fixed it. since the repair, it never did it again. Its very simple, just throw out the KA and put an SR, and you wont get that hesitation, :laugh: :bigup:

Silvia S13 said:
i had the same problem on my 240, and i fixed it. since the repair, it never did it again. Its very simple, just throw out the KA and put an SR, and you wont get that hesitation, :laugh: :bigup:

Yhea lol
*tu*

S14 Drift! said:
Steve S14, if your car does it often, then I could check it out (when I will be getting the S13 parts)

well it was VERY bad, but since i removed the valve cover to check for bad valve gaps (which there were none) it has gone away except for what sounds like a back fire now and then. but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Silvia S13 said:
This is probably the first time I agree with Haig. Even though a KA is probably faster than his SR right now :squintfin

AUTOMOTION said:
This is probably the first time I agree with Haig. Even though a KA is probably faster than his SR right now :squintfin

at least my SR is in good running order, did someone say 20 pounds??? oh wait, my rings cant take that right now.... :thefinger

woooooooooooo!!!!Hier j'ai changé le ground de ma batterie,le negatif,car il était denudé et plein de ver de gris a plusieurs place et le buckage n'est jamais revenu.20$ ca ma couté ,je suis tres content d'avoir enfin trouver le probleme qui durait depuis 6 mois.

Hey 240rider did you try and change the FUEL filter.!!!!!!
Might be a start, might as well illiminate that, its not expensive either way and it take 5 minutes to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back