Puttin her away in the winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yello 50

I have heard all kinds of things to do to your car before you put it away (eg: gas level, wiring, ect ) What does everyone out there recomend? What steps do you take?

Jack up the car and put stands under it.Take off the rims,put gas stabilizer in gas tank,disconnect battery,and put a car cover over it and say good night!!!!

and keep you window open a crack so that you dont get condensation in the car.

also put a plastic bag over the exhaust pipe and hold it on with an elastic, i had a mouse in my exhaust last year, made the wierdest noise when i gave it some throtle the first time!!!

Isn't turboed mice a delicacy in some countries!!!!!!

lol

it was in the mini. i think the mouse got all the way up to the head!!! it was only running on 3 cylinders for the first couple of seconds.

Puttin her

You sure it wasn't mouse flambee that came out of the exhaust!!!!!!

Re: Puttin her

tom,
here's the tricky part.
People tell me put the stands on the frame, others say on the suspension parts. Some guys are even telling me to just put ****ty rims n tires on and forget about jacking it up....what's the dilly yo?

what adout putting oil in each cylinder threw the spark plug hole? if you can reach it , it depends the car , forget about F- bodies I just put mine away yesterday!

The idea behind putting the car on stands is to relax the suspension!!!
So put the stands on the frame!!!! Unless your car has to stay mobile then
F the stands and use old rims and tires so you can prevent making flat spots on your good tires!!!

If you can start the motor during the winter then do so!!
But if you can't then you can squirt oil in the cyls through the spark plug holes!!!

Got it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back