help pls !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuck

j'ai 2 sub 10" dans une boite pis jme demandais si je fesais un trou pour laisser passer l'air si sa aiderais ? sa va tu sonenr plus fort, meilleur sons ? dite moi sque vous en penser. thx

you CAN'T just put a whole in the box to port it. It will only make it sound worse. You must insert a port or a certain length and diameter. This will give you your tuning frequency, and thus give you a louder output at that specific tuning frequency! Although proted enclosures often require a greater volume then sealed. So that is another fact to take into consideration! Your better off building a new box!

thanks but let say that i'm putting a whole, do you think that it will be better or worst ? louder ??? thanks...

Well, no it wouldn't play louder. In order to play louder, you'd need a correct size port. There are programs available, such as WinISD and such, that will tell you what the ideal port length and diameter are to tune to a specific frequency.

A simple hole in your box will worsten the SQ and the SPL. It has to be done properly or not at all!

I just downloaded the program but i can't undernstand lol , it's very complicate. I've got 2X Ma audio 1000watt, any idea of how much " my whole should be ?

go read dude. I started as a newbie few months ago but today I've done so much reading... car audio is just wonderful :eek:

the ALTIMA dude is right, you can't just drill a hole and call it a ported box :D

anyways, I prefered sealed boxes because they take less space so I can fit more subs in the same volume but hey that's my choice.

take care.

Originally posted by patrickz24

anyways, I prefered sealed boxes because they take less space so I can fit more subs in the same volume but hey that's my choice.

take care.
a sealed box will also have a broader frequency band. It may not get as loud, but I find it to be much cleaner sounding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back