1.8T Exhaust Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORA BOY

Legacy Member
Does anyone have data on headwork and exhaust manifold work on a 1.8T.

I am planing to match port the exhaust manifold and build a custom 3" system with high flow cat. Stainless.

Are there existing systems out there and is it better to get a matched high flow header or work with the cast manifold.

I am preparing for a new intercooler and turbo T04 or custom.

Also has anyone put new engine mounts (poly) and suspension bushings.

Info on all of the above would be apreciated.

I have a neuspeed chip, K&N, VW sport exhaust, turbo intake pipe, Forge valve.

:confused:

I'm not a tree hugger by any means, i own a car too, but i think the last thing we need is people taking off their cat's.... i do know that a turbo spools a lot quicker without it, but it pollutes like crazy.

just my 2$c

Good call on the high flow cat :bigup:

Are you looking for someone to so the work? Or do you plan on doing it yourself? At L-Sport we can do everything you asked about. Give me a call at 514-626-7744 or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Karim

If you get a race cat it should not give much restriction (Porsche has proven this with there turbo cars); this is a 3" system and most tuners put a 2.75 on this and the TT engine.
Hopefully there is no need for a resonator or even exhaust as the turbo should keep things quiet.

I plan on doing the work myself but will call you (Karim) for an idea of cost. :rolleyes:

Nice site,
Kill the cat, would be a shame to castrate the car just over a few trees. Should have bought a house in the woods if you like trees, or a car that does 50 to the gallon.

Cheers

So Bora Boy,

Dim Sum or Forest? I think dim sum is more tasty.

I reackon all talk no flow. In six months time your'll have a subaru
justy. WITH A CAT THE SIZE OF QUEBEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back