Battery problem??? need your advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat_JDM

today tried starting my S14 (for the first time in 6 months...taking it out of storage) ... crank crank crank then stops and tic tic tic tic tic sound (usually when battery is dead) but my lights still seem pretty ok when there on not really dimed that much??? my connectors are all clean no battery acid and ground was always fine so i would not see why it would be fucked now. tried again this time tic tic tic tic (no crank probly due to the battery being drained out now) what do you think should i get a new battery??? *frustrate

tried bnoosting it with jumper cables but god dam cables are all rusted to fuck and friends battery connectors had acid all over positive so it didn't work cranked like twice and tic tic tic again...connection was bad due to rust on cables me think :(

Last edited:
ok but why would that fry over 6 months of storage??? car ran fine last summer for 5000km's with no problems of any kind *tu*

BlackTalon said:
it could be a sensor like a crank or cam sensor...

A crank or cam sensor making a car tough to crank??? Yeah....and i'm santa claus.....

O.K., seriously, it was probably your friend's battery conections being too rusted to do anything. But a good thing to try would be to clean his battery connectors with sandpaper to ensure a good contact with the booster cables and try again. And when you're boosting your car, your friend's car should be running at ±2000 RPM while trying to start your car. And to charge up your battery a little, you should leave his car running at idle like 10 mins with all cables plugged before boosting your car, so all the power doesn't only come from his battery.

Anyway, it really looks like your battery is nearly dead, so if all the cables going to your starter looks fine, you're good for a new battery!!! :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back