Why all the hype for the Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacey

www.handlerwheels.com
The 2001 Maximas had 222hp right? And they are always talking about how fast it is and all that. I was just wondering because I find them quite slow! Wednsday I was coming back from up north when a new Maxima flew by me. I caught up to him as we were going through the turn from the 640 onto the 13. As we got on the 13 he ws infront of me. I switched in to the middle lane as we were both accelerating. I began to pass him at around 130 and was a couple car lengths in front of him at 180, etc.. We tested eachother a couple more times before I got off the highway and I smoked him each time. He waved and I turned off.

My car has about 180hp and is real heavy! What happened?

Uhhh, you got to remember that the Max is Nissan's Lux model. It's geared for comfort and cruising. It's not geared for top end. It may have 222hp but the gears aren't setup for top speed. The max is geared for Fuel economy, also if he was in an auto, by 130 he's in overdrive, whereas you can hold fourth gear. Well at 130 your probably just at the very end of third depending on what your gearing is.

i think that a maxima can downshift. the car is geared for highway. i've done 195kph in one. but it can still do a 7 second 0-60mph, same as a volvo 850 T5-R

ya i have a 2000 well my dad does that sometime i get to drive and i find its more torquy at the take off and there not much of a kick on the highway like kickdown. Well soon as i get my turbo itll kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back