sound dampening

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt

Surement y'en a ici qui on utilisé du sound dampening pour réduire les bruits de caisses et les autres sons venant du chemin pour pouvoir apprécier votre musique sans avoir a défoncer vos speakers....

J'aimerais savoir, un bon sound dampening material, est-il efficace pour assourdir les basses fréquences qui émanent du muffler aftermarket? J'essaie de rendre ma ride un peu plus civilisé, pis l'exaust m'énarve en maudit.

fait une recherche dans la section systeme de son me semble que ca avait déja été discuté !

Avoid Dynamat an cascade..their both VERY overpriced for that you get..

In cananda nothing works out cheaper than Brown Bread..it's a Dynamat extreme equivalent that's actually alot easier to work with and doesn;t stink. Deadens just as well and is less than half the price..

It's available at http://www.b-quiet.com

Also Raammat and Fatmat from the $US are quite good, but with shipping and brokerage and tax it's more expensive than brown bread.

Cheers
Mohawk

i used brown bread through my whole car and i'm very happy with it.
i can get you some for a good price. pm me if you're interested

.. and for the rest of us, Resisto roofing membrane is good enough. Funny how they make most of the same types as Dynamat does... ;) 100$ to do the whole car. Home Depot, Reno-Depot, etc...

The problem with resisto is it to properly adhere the sticcky side has to be heated to the point where it's almost melting and it's an asphalt based material so it smells some kinda funky.

It does deaden well though, but it's not the easist to work with or the most durable sticky wise.

I've used that stuff on garages and it's not fun to play around with. and if it's not installed right..it can peal off and won't deaden as well..

Originally posted by v-dubs
its got to be dynamat

Of course it does..why use the most expensive sound deadening matt on the market, when you can purchase other equiavlent matts all of which are easier to work with and deaden just as well for less than half the price!!!..

there's Fatman, Brown Bread and Raam60 off the top of my head that on whole outperform Dynamat Xtreem in ease of application, durability of adhesive and less smell and all deaden as well.

Let's by the harder to apply more expensive product because the company who owns it has a huge marketting budget which is why the cost of the product is so damn high...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back