The Site Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

iroc4ever

Legacy Member
Anyone else notice the logo on this board??Covering Eastern Canada's IMPORT scene. Am I wrong, or are there not other types of cars here at montrealracing.com also????

Well, this is actually a sport compact website so you're right, the logo needs to be changed. We don't really have event coverage of muscle car shows, only the sport compacts.

Nevertheless, anyone is welcome on here and I appreciate the fact that you come to the site even though you may like muscle cars more.

What's wrong with american muscle? Good bang for the buck if you ask me. Besides, I find the domestic crowd to be usually very cool...

That being said, my car isn't exactly an import (let's call it a Chrys-bishi), but it's a 4 banger. If you look at my sig, you'll see that's it's faster than quite a few muscle cars. Not all imports are ridiculously slow. In fact, some are pretty wicked.

Talons are pretty cool I agree...
And I know that some imports are pretty fast...its just that the thing that pisses me off is the fact that usually the ones who are the slowest talk the most **** about other types of cars...

So what's your project for this summer? I don't know much about domestics, but the Chevy 350 (in all its iterations) has to be the best and cheapest motor to build, from what I have seen around. Running 12s or even 11s in a 350 street car is something I have seen often at the drag strip.

Good luck!

Well you pretty much got it right... My goal is really low 12's/high 11's while keeping it a street car... So thats on street tires those times...No drag tires for me :) It all depends on my money situation this spring though... going fast costs way too much money!!! Plus I also wanna buy new mags first......
What mods have you done to your car?? 12.1 is a really respectable time to pull!!! Do you have any pics of your car?

hey Jamie, what do you mean no such thing as a fast import... i seem to recall alex whopping yo ass wit a stock SiR

n e ways lets not make a war between american muscle, and japanese technology, they are both great, just different types of cars

He only "whopped my ass" by about 3 inches and that was only cause i took off too hard at the begining and did a burn out for the 1st leg of the race...I was playing catchup after that. And we never got the rematch I wanted after....
Don't worry anyways...next year is revenge time bitch :)

Anyway who's the fastest between domestics and imports? We are all gonna see this summer when we will organize a domestic vs imports evening :)

Thats a great idea Stangboy!! It sure would settle alot of arguments here on this site!! We're gonna have to suggest it to everyone!!
What year/type of mustang do you have??

Domestic vs Import is a bit vague. A Cavalier is a domestic, a Supra TT is an import, so is a Porsche 911! ;)

If you means RWD V-8 vs 4 cylinders, then we don't stand much of a chance, that's for sure...

Mods on my cars you ask IROC? I'd say too many and too much $$$$. To see the damage, click on http://dsmquebec.mine.nu:119/clubdsm/dispuser.asp?profkey=10

Here's my friends 11 seconds Talon. http://dsmquebec.mine.nu:119/clubdsm/dispuser.asp?profkey=14

You'll see that his engine is completly stock, apart from the cams. Hummm?

BTW, IROC, there's no shame in going for a good reliable 13 second setup, you know? You'd be faster than 99.9% cars on the street and wouldn't have to sell your soul to the devil to pay for your mods. Like I said, I don't know jack about pushrods V-8s, but I have seen guys with headers, exhaust, mild porting jobs and some other minor things that had nice mid 13's rides... Looked good to me!

Mustang 2000 Gt silver
currently stock exept styling and borla exhaust.
Ati procharger gonna be installed on the first of april, already paid :)
With all the mods ill be doing i should run low 12
around 475hp at the engine.

Well there are lots of imports around here running low 12 even 11. We are certainly gonna have a challenge.

As far as I know, there's our 2 Talons and 3 Civics (yes, Honda Civics) that run high 11s, low 12s. There's a couple of faster compacts, but they are drag only cars...

I have friends that have compacts that can run 13 -
If we all bring our friends we'll probably end up with a big event.
Anyway we are doing this for fun :)
We could all first meet somewhere then go to napierville , sanair or plan some street racing somewhere ( if possible) .
Would look good 40-50 mod cars taking the highway :)

by domestic vs imports im talking about american cars ( ford, chevy,..., rwd, fwd) and imports( fwd,rwd,4wd,porche, bm, mercedes, honda ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back