Hayabusa electronicly limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
Why did they limit the hayabusa to 299 kph ??? well at least the 03 version??

I don't get it

They figured the law makers would feel more comfortable with a sort of limit somewhere but it's still 300 kph....not that slow!!!!

actually its just a gentelmens agreement same as the fact the jdm cars are limited to 280 hp (although most companies say 280 and put out over 300.its not realy from government pressure its just that therer would be no end to top speed wars

i dont care about the rule....i didnt make it....just answering the orig question

why in the heck would anybody in Québec be bothered by that?
I mean, I could understand if you lived in Germany, but what racetrack or public road will allow you to go to more than 300kph?
this is a moot point for us, IMO.

how do you like the limiter on your Dodge? Does it cut out at 160kph?

When you want performance you don't want anybody F**king with your stuff, the reason I buy fast equipment is so that I can go FAST!! Imagine, we are on montreal racing aren't we??
Thought you guys liked speed.....

1) I'Lm not sure if there IS a limiter on my car. Got it up to a bit above 200 once, on a deserted road where visibility was excellent, at sunrise. So it's not 160kph. Besides, 160kph would be a valid reason to whine, but who the heck is going to go faster than 300kph!!! . That would be INSANE!

2) Speed sucks. Any monkey can go fast in a straight line, there is no thrill there. Acceleration, turns, braking, etc. THAT'S what I like.

3) I reiterate: going anything above 250kph on a public road is insane. On a circuit, I would understand, but you would probably need an oval or speed ring to do that. And if you're going to go all the way and do that, then I think you won't mind the additional trouble of removing the limiter, no? It would be another thing if the limiter limited, say, the acceleration, but here we're talking super high speed!!

Mustand afficionados...
;)

1) Has Nothing to do with mustangs, but thanks for the shot anyway...

2)Speed rocks that's why product development keeps striving to go faster and faster which leads to better braking and handling, tires etc....

3)There IS a time and place for speed but keep in mind a bike accelerates to over 280 kph very quickly so it only takes a matter of seconds to get there unlike many cars... so reaching 250 or even 310 barely takes 50 or more seconds and slowing down is also very fast so it's no big deal, although I wouldn't suggest a novice rider to start top speed runs all the time it's cool to use a machine for ALL it's intended purposes SPEED,HANDLING,BRAKING,ACCELERATION...etc...
Oh and yes by the way, I have been to Napierville to drag and have rented sanair to do many laps and as well ride for many hours at a time so try not to hate when you comment...

Well, I'm not sure about a 1100XX but if you get a Hayabusa, it only take a little mod to de-restrict your stop speed. It's called a TRE (timing retard eliminator) and as long as giving you more performance in the first 4 gears, it also removes the top speed on GSX-R 1000s and Hayabusas. I have one on my Gixxer and paid 27$ for it shipped to my house and took about an hour to install. I don't have a speed limiter on my bike, I bought it because I wanted added performance from my first 4 gears.

sounds like a good mod!! i don'thave any top speed issues with my bike it rips hard but not quite as hard as a 'Busa!! Used to be the king I'll just settle for DAMN FAST now....LOL!!!

Hey Hardhittingstang...
I'm curious, genuinely, not trying to be a bitch here...
Is there a track in Quebec, routinely open to the public for lapping and such, where a bike like a Hayabusa could actually reach over 300kph?

No, Sebdavid I don't believe there is but I can tell you even on the tri-oval at Sanair I can generate some pretty high speeds before having to grab a mit full of brakes and you can be sure on a lighter machine you could go even faster!!! I know there is a transport Canada speed oval in Ste-therese I think where sometimes the magazines do serious high speed laps. I read in Cycle Canada if i remember well.
I'm sure on a REAL track a 'Busa could hit top speed or close to on the long straights though....take it easy....

Well I watch superbike, supersport and GP races on TV, and the speeds they quote are very seldom close to 200mph on the straights...
Of course, if you're talking about a track like LeMans, with a huge straight (Les Hunaudières), then it's different, but on most tracks, the super high performance bikes will reach 250kph, not much more...
I do know about the Transports Canada Oval, actually that'S where Moto Journal/Cycle Canada made their Hayabusa/Kawasaki top speed test... But I'm pretty sure it's not open to the public.
So going over 300kph will definitely not happen to anyone, and those rare people who will will certainly find a way to remove the cutoff...
Cheers,

-Seb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back