Where to get bushings/tables replaced for 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV

Status
Not open for further replies.

chakujitsu

Aloha,

Had my regular service at Nissan and reported some grinding noise when getting in the car; also had noise during turns if the car is somewhat loaded. Sounded to me like suspension for teh first and hitting wheel well for the second (I have very uninformed ears so forgive their, and my, ignorance ;) )

Turns out they couldn't reproduce the noise but stated it may be related to teh fact that i have "table bushings" that are completely torn and needing replacement. They kindly quoted ~700$ to get it done.

Any recommendations as to where I can get this done (should I stick to the Nissan dealership or is there a better way). It sounds excessive to me but again, I'm just looking for confirmation that there isn't a better part/garage to do this .

Also, If anyone is kind enough to give me some ideas as to how both sides could be "torn" I would appreciate it. (I am aware they get worn out over time but never heard of them being torn completely),

Any help/guidance provided would be much appreciated!

You are probably getting screwed on the parts if they want 700$ for that. I'd get polyurethane bushings if you plan on keeping the car. Any decent garage should be able to do it. Table bushings are pretty straight forward.

i just put alot of money into my altima.... thought i just had to replace my bushings, turns out a bunch of other things were wrong with it, for some reason i feel safer with the nissan dealership since they give me great deals, and get the work done well and fast....
ull pay a bit more at the dealer but if u feel they'll do a better job it might b worth it... these mechanics know ur car like the back of their hand

Une table OEM c'est 175$/ each et 1 heure max. pour les 2 tables.....alors, on parle plus de 500$ maximum pour la job complète....mais encore là, c'est très cher.

Table jobber = 90$/each

mais sinon, le kit de ES pour les bushing est le best...mais l'installation est plus longue cependant.

Mart

The dealer quoting 700$ was Cite Nissan (Jean Talon/CDN)

Although I do agree that a dealership will have mechanics that really know their stuff, such knowledge is most certainly not exclusive to them. Looks like the Nismo parts would come out less expensive than OEM (Merci D3stro pour les liens) Now i seek an independent garage to do this replacement for me .. :) Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back