Infinity "fluid finish" clearcoat

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceGTI

Shop Representative
I have a customer with a '09 Infinity FX35 with a lot of containments on the paint. He says it's from trees. I've never seen anything like it, I mean, new truck, washed regularly... Looks like something stained the paint. I went to see it as his place tonight.

The thing is, it has the new "fluid finish" clear coat. The clear coat that "heal" it self.

I'll take the truck in tomorrow to see what can be done about it. Claybar, compound...

Can't wait to see that clear coat, how it is easy (or not) to work with.

Supposedly it heals it self. I wonder if I do a heavy compound, if the compound marks/haze will disappears like magic.

I wonder if anyone has worked with that new paint type? Alex, Ed..? Any do or don't?

I would treat it as any other paint. I don't believe that the paint can heal itself, its not human skin. The paint would need to have cells if it can really heal itself. Its more a paint that will soften up once heated by the sun or UV activated.

I would treat it as any other paint. I don't believe that the paint can heal itself, its not human skin. The paint would need to have cells if it can really heal itself. Its more a paint that will soften up once heated by the sun or UV activated.

I knew you were gonna reply. Thank tech guy! :bigup:

I'll let you know tomorow how different or identical this clear is versus the usual clear coat.

Photo edit

in the shade
fx35%20003%20(Large).jpg

in the sun
fx35%20005%20(Large).jpg

See how bad the hood is contaminated
fx35%20001%20(Large).jpg

Front test area is like new.
fx35%20011%20(Large).jpg

Claybar worked well, but took enormous amount of time to get everything off. Decided to switch with MFP on a white pad on the PC and if cleaned the hood in no time.

I'm gonna do the whole truck this Sunday.

I hope the sealant will protect the paint against his tree. I wonder if I take Collinite 476s see if it really protect like Edt says or if I go with the usual Klasse. lol

That's freakin weird! I've never seen a car contaminated like that. And to say a lot of ppl park under trees... What kind of substance is dripping from that tree?

I know its normal to see contamination caused by what plants and trees secreate, but it is it normal to be this bad?

That's freakin weird! I've never seen a car contaminated like that. And to say a lot of ppl park under trees... What kind of substance is dripping from that tree?

I know its normal to see contamination caused by what plants and trees secreate, but it is it normal to be this bad?

I know exactly what that is !

Its those helicopter thingies from a maple tree and once they drop onto your car and the rain soaks it, the sugary sap content comes out and makes a sticky mess.

I know exactly what that is !

Its those helicopter thingies from a maple tree and once they drop onto your car and the rain soaks it, the sugary sap content comes out and makes a sticky mess.

and, will your famous 476s protect against that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back