Accident fix not well done or well done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soncep

Legacy Member
Well, I had a fender bender... my bumber was destroyed.
When i got my car fixed, they changed the bumper cover and light... Some Jetta driver hit me. 1300$ of damage.
Any how.

Got it to a body shop well known on this forums and it seems to be well reputated on the net.

They fixed my car and called me to pick it up. When i go see the car before they finish washing it, i notice the bumber was not well fitted. Turns out the rear quarter was pushed in and nothing alligned well.
The guy says he can fix it and it will take 20 min. So i wait.
Then, they finish the job and before i go see if it's well done, they wash my car and drive it out front. It was 5:45 so dark and my car is black so i can't see shit.

Well, I looked at it closely this weekend and it seems that the quater is still not well fit with the bumper and light. Also, there is a Bump or high spot in the paint as if his tool pushed the metal.
Then, i tried to find the blue ish metal flake i have on my car in the parts they painted (Bumper cover) and did not see any. It looks good from far, but from close it's just glossy black with no metal flake.

I wonder if i should go back to them and see if they can do something?
Go back and Demand they redo the work? (And get the Chef's special... :( )
Or just forget it and suck it up?

Dam i hate it when they do amazing job on certain cars, and then the rest, they don't give a shit...

sounds like work from Automotion. I say go back and see what they can do, atleast try and get some money back

Bottom line is the customers always right...go in there on a busy day and make a scene, they will have to do something to shut you up lol.

Well, I had a fender bender... my bumber was destroyed.
When i got my car fixed, they changed the bumper cover and light... Some Jetta driver hit me. 1300$ of damage.
Any how.

Got it to a body shop well known on this forums and it seems to be well reputated on the net.

They fixed my car and called me to pick it up. When i go see the car before they finish washing it, i notice the bumber was not well fitted. Turns out the rear quarter was pushed in and nothing alligned well.
The guy says he can fix it and it will take 20 min. So i wait.
Then, they finish the job and before i go see if it's well done, they wash my car and drive it out front. It was 5:45 so dark and my car is black so i can't see shit.

Well, I looked at it closely this weekend and it seems that the quater is still not well fit with the bumper and light. Also, there is a Bump or high spot in the paint as if his tool pushed the metal.
Then, i tried to find the blue ish metal flake i have on my car in the parts they painted (Bumper cover) and did not see any. It looks good from far, but from close it's just glossy black with no metal flake.

I wonder if i should go back to them and see if they can do something?
Go back and Demand they redo the work? (And get the Chef's special... :( )
Or just forget it and suck it up?

Dam i hate it when they do amazing job on certain cars, and then the rest, they don't give a shit...

Go back and complain to have the job done again!

Do you have any pics?

Obviously the paint match is not correct. I've seen cars getting paint with pearl while the oem paint is not pearl... and in your case, they probably used a flat universal black.. leftovers from other jobs.

I personally don't recommend body shops anymore as it's never the same results. I know where awesome painters work, but it will all depend on the boss if he's cutting steps to get his profits higher.

Some alignments are almost impossible to bring back to original specs depending on where, how hard, and also, brand of car. Was it $1300 just to get a bumper and paint it? Sounds very high to me.

You can send me a pm if you want to share more personal info.

Yeah, i will try to get some pictures up.
Kind of sucks for them if they do a shitty job because it kills all there profit...
D

Was the job an insurance claim ? if yes just go back to your insurance and tell them not to pay them until it is done properly. If you paid cash then they would just say you smashed it in after the car was delivered well as for the paint you have a valid point !, they probably just used any paint they had on the shelf without ordering new stuff, more profit for them if you accepted it. Make sure they actually changed your bumper instead of just patching it up with bondo.

I am pretty sure they changed the bumper, it was realy broken.

I don't think they wanted to do a bad job... I doubt there intentions were bad and when i called them ,they asked me to bring back the car so they can check.

Retournes les voir et that's it. Quand tu fais affaire avec un atelier réputé, il n'aura pas de difficulté à reprendre le travail. Comme Alex dit, des jobs de carrosserie sont très variables parce que n'importe quoi de baclé va parraitre immédiatement. Mais avant de sauter aux conclusions sur la peinture, examine la directement au soleil. Je serais vraiment surpris que l'atelier a utilisé une peinture différente que celle d'origine... C'est comme une grave erreur.

Retournes les voir et that's it. Quand tu fais affaire avec un atelier réputé, il n'aura pas de difficulté à reprendre le travail. Comme Alex dit, des jobs de carrosserie sont très variables parce que n'importe quoi de baclé va parraitre immédiatement. Mais avant de sauter aux conclusions sur la peinture, examine la directement au soleil. Je serais vraiment surpris que l'atelier a utilisé une peinture différente que celle d'origine... C'est comme une grave erreur.

Oui, je vais les revoir.

Here are some picture.
I took a piece off the bumper and applied my touch up paint to compare the color.
Check out the full size when you click on it.
I don't have my good lense to take the picture so this is kind of shitty.

À droite c'est NHBP? Moi je vois la différence mais au soleil ça serait encore plus flagrant.

À droite c'est NHBP? Moi je vois la différence mais au soleil ça serait encore plus flagrant.

exact.... j'ai remarque avec plein de merde sur mon auto et une journe enuage.. Imagine quand il va faire soleil!

Tk.. on va voir demain ce qu'ils disent...

oui ca parais la différence. pas mal en plus.

bonne chance demain avec la shop. Soit relax avec eux, demande de parler directement au proprio, le peintre lui il sait que la peinture c'est pas la bonne, mais ils esperent que tu ne verras pas ca.

Unfortunately good work is hard to come by...and its never cheap (unless your able to do it yourself) I hit a street sign a couple of months ago it broke my front lip, dinged the bumper in, and cracked my rad support (which is made of shitty plastic) the worst part was the top of the sign was loose and fell off n hit my roof makin 2small dents, then it slid down the side of the car n put a small scratch on the door.

i had quotes anywhere from 500$ excluding parts all the way up to 4000$. I ended up paying 2300$ and its flawless, paint matched 100% metal flake and all. I could have half assed it and left the rad support the way it was but i spent the extra money on parts and labour to do the job right. it was a pretty good deal considering some shops charge up to 1000$ just to repaint a roof! they even blended everything together perfectly, cant tell it was ever fixed and every things properly aligned. I paid it all cash though so i saved alot that way ,they even rustproofed everything for me.

I could have easily left the small dents in the roof and scratch on the door and payed way less but i love my car and a week or 2s work vs. shitty work was an easy trade up. get the job done right...its worth paying for!

Could hook you up with the body shop info if anyone needs

I hate shady shops that do stuff cash... That makes every one pay more taxes.

:S

I went back to the shop, and I guess they noticed something pretty bad because they gave me a new appointement and asked me to leave my car for 2 days.

I did look after and noticed that at the High spot created by the tool to push the quater back to it's spot, the paint cracked... The original paint cracked.

Oh well, they were cool with it, a little defensive but the owner took care of looking at it and gave me a new appointement. On the other hand, I let them know that the quater was not in the estimate and they should review the estimate with my insurance cie to get payed right.

To be continued....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back