Best oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

civic93

What Brand do you think is the best oil to use on hondas. I know that you can lose power if you don't use 5W-30, because the bearing openings are engineered for 5W-30 and nothing else. And what about syntec

personally I swear by Motul 300v full synthetic. No dinosaurs were harmed by making this oil. It is an esther based oil that is meant for High revving engines.

I bought some of that oil for my VR this summer and it was pretty good...but for over 100$ for 6 liters I sure hope so! I'd for sure go synthetic but you don't need to get the best best best one! Stop by Pennzoil on the corner of St-John's and Roger pilon in DDO. They have good sythetic ( the stuff NASA uses on their space ships ;) ) and they do it quick for a good price!

If you drive REAL hard all the time you should probably get the motul 300v but otherwise it's a little expensive for nothing!

we have done lots of tests on the dyno with lots of different oils ,,,,mineral and syn!!
No real difference to mention exept for Royalpurple,,,
As long as you change your oil often any good oil brand will do unless you have lots of money then buy Royalpurple at 17.95 a quart U.S funds..!!!!!!

Only in Royalpurple!!!!!!
ON a 800hp motor it made 821hp
WOOOOOOOW that doesn't mean you will get the same results
meaning 21hp gain on a street motor you will probably not
gain anything!!!!!!

What I'm saying is any good brand oil mineral or syn is good as long as its changed often as in 2500km on rough riders and 5000km on cruisers!!!!!!

All I know is that when I don't run CASTROL GTX in my car, the thing runs kinda weird, so it's pretty simple for me... I guess it's a matter of choice, but as TK said, do it every 5000 kms and you should be fine.

As long as you are using the same grade in other good oils I don't see why
only with GTX no problem!!!!!

personnaly i use agip, full synthetic, its 14.95 a litre. ive seen a good difference before that my car whas running on castrol syntec, and lets face it my engine is 10 years old and modified soo it drinks a little, and with the agip there is a significant difference, and the engine runs a lot smoother.

gotta be beyond 8300.

The reason being that Agip burns cleaner and doesn't foul the plugs as much
as Syntech!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone use gas station oil? I mean sometimes when I need oil, I don't have a choice. It's not like I cary oil in my car or anything.

No I'm not!!!!!!!!

I shouldn't say this but!!!!!!!
Would you believe me if I tell you that 85% of good oil comes from the
same refinery!!!!
they put it in different bottles and call it Castrol,Pennzoil,Quakerstate,
Valvoline,Kendall,etc!!!!!!

So you see garage oil is good!!!!!!!

The only oil thats not good is that cheap oil from the Dollar store or the
one thats on special at Zellers for .99 cents a litre!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back