Screwed next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

civic93

Has anybody heard about emission laws coming out next year? Two friends who are both mechanics told me that next year Que is going to have strict emission rules. We are going to join the rest of canadian provinces in having to get our cars checked out each year. And we are also going to have to pay around $40 for the inspection.

My friend is an inspector for the SAAQ, and he told me that the emmision test will not start next year because the gourverment is not ready.He says it's going to take a few year to put everything in place for emmisions test.This is because are gourverment is so efficient that it will take some time. I don't know about you guys but this is the first time that i'm happy that the Quebec gourverment is slow!!!!!

How the hell am I gonna pass off a nitrous suck, boost blowing, JDM B16???????? OK, so it's no there yet..... :)

Yes I heard about that to and I think it's going to be hard to pass emissions with swaps. It's probably going to be like in California where if you swap an engine, the engine has to be the same year of younger than the car and your going to have to swap every anti-pollution crap from the engine to your car so it's going to be real hard to pass a PBDII engine in a 92 civic.

teg92 said:
Good thing my cat is still in my garage... I mean the one that goes meow!!

You keep your cat in a garage? Where is the Animal Rights Activists group? :)

SamB16 said:
How the hell am I gonna pass off a nitrous suck, boost blowing, JDM B16???????? OK, so it's no there yet..... :)

The law will be here before that Sam :p

Relax guys as long as you build them with emissions in mind don't worry *tu*

California is full of Civics with JDM swaps, 90% pass;)

and Japan laws of emission are way more severe than here anyways, that's why we get all these engines here, because when the car doesn't pass the test, they scrap it..... so i think we should be ok!!!!!

If you can make a JDM Engine pass in cali then you can make one pass here. Supposedly the emissions board in Ontario is closing down because most the cars that are put to the test are passing with flying colors over the last many years that's what my mechanics teacher told me hes from ON btw as well.

Recycled thread....

and while on the subject...it will be many more years before this law sees the light of day...quebec govn is slowwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back