What's the first modification you should do to a new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

I say lower it because a stock car looks good lowerd but a high modified car is gay.

Anyone else?

what to do...

It depends a lot on the type of car you own. Personally, on my own car (a civic SiR) I would drop it and throw on an AEM cold air intake. It's good for 12 hp at the wheels and sounds like a banshee when the vtec comes on. Ask Danny...you know what an AEM can do for you right?

Matt

Re: what to do...

to say 12hp , come on stop reading magazine or show me some proof LIVE on a dyno .

it give you hp but not 12 hp.

but for me the first mods will be I/H/E combo

Re: What's the first modification you should do to a new car

12 Hp... I don't think so. I'd say 5-7 but it is the best on the market and not at the wheels.

12 whp

I have dyno test from Import tuner reporting 13.9 WHEEL hp for the 94-2001 GSR, 10 wheel hp for the 96-2000 non-vtec civics and 12 wheel hp for the Civic Si(R). I have one insatalled on my own car and the difference is enormous. Of all the mods i have done, the CAI ist by far the most efficient and cost effective. For under $400 tax in that works out to about $33 per horsepower. Say what you want but for my money, the AEM is the only thing that works that well.

I`m gonna have to go with MartB17 on this one....I have a hard time believing any magazines with hp quotes....with my CAI and cams and FPR I seriously doubt I gained much more than 12-15 hp, but only a dyno can tell.

I don't know how much hp I got, but I noticed a big difference. I would estimate 7 or 8 wheel hp.

I run consistent 14.4s with a best of 14.24 with only the AEM and an empty interior. I'm gonna try to match that time on Monday. Wish me luck.

1. Get good tires/wheel combo
2. It's time for sus-pen-sion ! That is springs AND shocks... (please no cheap brands and/or cut springs)
3. Brake upgrade (cheap disks= warped disks)

Note that with those mods done, total hp will the exact same thing but your car will stick to the ground like if it's on rail.

4. Engine modifications

1-tires
2-suspensions
3-brakes (pads, lines and Motul or SRF fluid...later the rotors...slotted)
4-I/H/E
5-how do you really want to spend...:)

Like rainman said it all depends on how much cash you want/can spend on your ride.

I would say Airfilter.....AEM type for a Honda..for a Domestic go for the power chips.

wath did you do tu upgrat your engine of 7 or 8 hp

AEM cold air intake

yo, 97CTR, ever let you GF race your car? is there a possibility that shes faster than you?

LOL cant stop laughin...
my tummy hurts...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

turbo kit

dont bother aem and headers are @#%$!!
start with a 3 inch exhaust with custom 3 inch cat back then,save for a full coil over system like the apexi n1 damper
and save up again untill you have round 5 g then you buy a turbo kit, for the money its well worth
if id have to restart with my ride
suspention and turbo that it!!!! no mags no wings, no sounds system
be shure to have some extra cash for tuning

Re: turbo kit

thats what i was going to say, good suspension setup, with real power. (whats going to happen this winter to all the ppl that bought cheap coilovers? will the salt have any effect on the un-treated aluminum, will they actually be able to turn the adjuster next year????)

adam.

first mod

If you car in naturally aspirated you will LOSE hp with a 3" exhasut. On a B16, 2.25 or MAX 2.5" will handle all of its duties properly. I would also reccomend buying something that is already made to fit your car. Most of the time a custom exhasut will not be mandrel bent and therefore not be very efficient. As for an AEM CAI, it was my first mod and the one I still see as the best value (hp/$$$).

MAtt

Re: first mod

I think think the first mod should be a DC sports oil cap!! and then those cool wind shield wiper sprayers that light up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back