Honda engines burning oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

Anyone have the problem of their engine burning oil? I must add a litre every few weeks. I also hot vtec alot so mabye this explains it.

the hot vtec thing Explain it all ;)

ask a guy who always red line his superbike if he put some oil in it sometime

normal...the harder you push the DOHC VTECs the more oil they seem to take.....especially the R motors... Ask Manny about his ITR, he'll tell you the same thing. Don't worry Danny.

That's my only complaint about Honda. I hope the RSX is better made.

:lol: it's not a quality problem. No manufacturer uses tighter clearances in their motors. Any motor at those revs will be consuming oil, try not driving your car hard and it won't take a drop.

ok, I see. I don't think that will ever happen (I need vtec once per outing). :)

danny, even my 1.8 dohc consume oil, even with my 6800 rpm redline. If i'm not pushing the car, its all good....but if i redline it all the time i also have to check my oil, its not bad but you can see that its consumming a bit.

a good frind of mine drives a b18c5 too, and he had the same problem!

If your too worried i can change you my 99 Si engine anytime! It doesnt burn any oil, I promise! :lol:

ALL B18C5's burn a lot of oil, particularly when run hard. Our track B18C5 has to be topped off everytime we go to the track. For all those out there with these engines, check oil VERY frequently! Not a cheap engine to replace...

Don't worry thought. It's very normal. Although some people have reported that theirs doesn't burn any oil, the majority of these close tolerance engines do. I don't think it's a quality issue.

Don't be fooled guys! to much oil is not good. Being in vtec a few times a day isn't
gonna justify losing a liter in 1000clicks! If your taking a liter every 1000kms(more
or less), it's time for a ring job. You guys should investigate, the longer u wait the
more carbon builds on your valves making hot spots on them until they eventually
crack and you'll have no compression in that cylinder! I'm not saying a vtec shouldn't
take oil, but there are limits!
One more thing, at 8000rpm, the oil your losing is usually from blowby past the
rings into the crankcase and through your crankcase vent into your intake system
which is then burnt. Once again normal but to an extent.

Just wanted to share that with u!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back