Need help on new ride !

Status
Not open for further replies.

0mega

Legacy Member
im looking to buy a new ride and moding it a bit, the problem is im new to the mod scene and dont know were to start

witch honda platform is easier to modify or easier for a full engine swap?

i want a fast, reliable car that will be dayly and winter driven...i want it to leave in the dust 16y old kids with blue smoking, sticker infested, with starship wings, in the dust with there all battered down civics (not to offend anyone, but i dont think a momo steeering wheel and stckers will make a blu smoking, battered down civic faster)

here are my choice :

90-91 crx si (or any model)
92-95 civic (any model)
90-93 integra (ls-gs-gsr)

witch one of those has disk brakes on all 4, if any ?

a friend of a friend works as a mecanic at a acura dealer and can get engine parts, and blocks for a swap if im interested

plz help me out !! and remember it will be dayly and winter driven, tanx

90-93 Integra, out of your choice.... without a swap
92-95 civic chassis for swap...

always take/buy the sanest chassis/rust free whenever possible..;)

If it were me, I would buy a 96-00 civic hatch and put a GSR motor in it. Then I would get black spoon 16 inch mags and paint it a nice clean colour. mmmmmm

Check these cars out. The silver one has spoon mags but you can't see them.

sanair0091.JPG

sanair0094.JPG

sanair0096.JPG

weeeeeee my car is on these pictures the blue golf4 :) atleast part of my car ..... ok ...i agree with danny you should get a 96-00

Btw for your quest , integ 90-93 , gs and probably gsr , has all 4 disk brakes...

92-93 gsr are nice cars man , they run very fast since they are lighter then the recent model of integ...

Personally I wouldn't touch a crx or an older civic, just because the whole world has them, Danny has a good point the 96-00 civics are great lookign cars and a nice motor can fit in them, with out hassle...personally I'm looking for something a little more less used..but if I were you I'd go for the teg, you can even find a newer model for like eight g's, and if you can get a motor, through it in

92-93 hatch Si. sunroof, good brakes, small, light, all round great car. So much aftermarket available it isn't even funny.

I would go with a 93 si hatch (I think it's the only one with 4 disc brakes).

You can do sooooo many things with that car.

tanx guys,

i will look further in my choices...im not totally decided yet (and my car still has some little life in it)

though the crx is the model i like but i know the 2nd gen civics are the most mod/eng. swap friendly, i also like the 90-93 integ...danm, if i were rich i wouldnt hassle myself and get the 2001 wrx or 2000 2.5 rs

...if i can find a 2nd gen fully equiped (a/c, cd, roof, 4 disk...) in great shape and for not to much i will get it (with no motor and transm. that would excellent, i could do my swap for a gsr eng./transm.), anyone knows a good place to find one not to expensive, a 2nd gen or nice 90-93 integ ?? (salvage lots??)

btw i like the dark grey civic with same colored mags, very nice

wanna buy a 92 teggy? new paint (metallic blue pearl), B16, CAI, R cams, neuspeed sport springs, in dash CD and CD changer, AC, GSR mags.

$8500

How much you want to invest? That should be your first question. Because the car that you mentionned have a huge difference of price. You start at 2000$ for a REX and up to 19000$ for a GS-R! Make your mind and you can aswer that question by your self!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back