Portable AC exhausting into ceiling in commercial space?

[MICK]

Legacy Member
Hey everyone,

I have no windows in my office, so I bought and installed a portable AC machine (12,000 BTU), extended the hose by 2-3 feet (I know you're not supposed, but whatever) and setup the exhaust to go into the ceiling. I'm on the top floor, so above the ceiling is pretty much nothing / electrical wiring for the lighting. Can it mess up anything? Here's a picture of how I set it up:

swy9og.jpg

Given that there's an AC in the building (very weak, hence why I added this) running its vent hoses in the ceiling as well, will I inadvertently heat those up and void the central AC? Or will the heat generated from the exhaust be of minimal impact?

Cheers,

Mike

You're shooting warm, humid air into the ceiling/crawl space... Is there any outside air intake/exhaust at all somewhere?!?!?

We have 24000BTU for our server room. We are shooting the hot air into the crawl space about 6ft away. The crawl space is also used as a air return for the central HVAC, so we are basically feeding hot humid air to the system.

So far it hasn't been a problem until 2 years ago, where the system air return tube condenses and leaks back down when it's really hot outside.

Honestly, nobody should be allowed to do that. Cheap ass owners I have.

Back