need your suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NATAKU

Legacy Member
i want to buy an audio sound for my car (ampl and subs) and i'm looking in CLARION, ALPINE and ROCKFORD FOSGATE...

...which of these three should i go for???

please give me some suggestions and opinions i'll be glad!!!

Well as for personally I can't recommend ANY for subs and amps. For a HU however Clarion and Alpine are good, but for speakers and amps, I would not buy any of them. There are many other brands available that will sound better and put out better power. Don't just shop at Future Shop, look around there are better places for Car Audio!

i looked around already and one of these three that im going to get but i still dont know which one to buy...please help!!!

which has the best sound quality, the best look or can last longer???

any sugs.???

If I had to pick on, it'd be Alpine. RF is too boomy for me, sort of a distorted kind bass, it just sounds so flat. But then again, it could have been the box it was playing in. Any of these subs can be good, with the right model sub, the right amplification and the right box... anyone of these can sound better then the other. 90% of car audio is install, the rest is the equipment and the tuning of it. Speaker placement and enclosure size has everything to do with the way it will sound when it gets to your ears.

Just a question though? Why are you limiting yourself to only these subs? There are many other that will do the trick

Of the three I'd say Alpine is by far the better, but that's just my opinion. Altima is right though for what you'd pay for these companies you could get other stuff that's just as good and probably better. Don't forget with these companies (especially rockford) you will pay extra for name. Oh and if you want rockford fosgate equipment look into lighting audio, same stuff minus the name and at a lower price.

If money isn't that big of a deal... look into PPI. Once I have my subs, which aren't going to be PPIs though. I'm going to go and buy a good high powered amp. And their amps do the trick perfectly. Although a little pricey, I find them to be cosmetically nice, and put out the power I need.

Link: http://www.precisionpower.com

The two that I'm looking at are the PCX-1500 and the PCX-4125. I already know what I'm buying first, and how I will hook it up. subs, 4 channel amp, components, mono amp. This way I can bridge the 4 channel to the subs, then when I buy the comps, I will bridge 2 of the 4 channels to the subs, and the other two will be used for the comps. After that, I can get the mono amp, for the subs, and buy another pair of mid-bass drivers for the front and the other 2 channels on the 4 channel amp. Oh yeah and in bbetween all these purchases I'll be on the lookout of some external crossovers and various things. Component enclosures will be custom done by me in fiberglass, but the sub enclosures will probably be custom done by underground division in vinyl.

I'm hoping to have all this in a couple months, I decided to give up beer for awhile to save up! (damn it's going to be tough! :D) But the long term benefits will be great!

if you want good quality forget RF it really sucks forget Alpine clairon is good for head units. really good subs are memphis. very clean but for more money you can get FOCAL subs they are very very very clean but they're expensive but worth it. if you have money coming out of your ass go Oz. i don't know if you have ever heard of it but look into it. i don' t know too much about it but i heard they are by far the best speakers out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back