Post your watch collection

Not to go off topic here but it's in your "comportement" not the clothes you wear. I have made some large purchases before in shorts and a hoodie and they gave me great service (dealership, watch places, etc). A good sales guy can tell right away if you're serious.

Correct , a good sales guy. Not a dick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyways back to watches ... I don't think I'll ever buy a brand new watch ever again. I had thoughts of selling some pieces and buying a solid gold sub... Blue sunburst dial is really something but something about that black nipple dial .
6a2a7adee6779ff3ddf60f42053e5044.jpg
aa5a1ab3b23d1197cb86b8b2736fdd26.jpg

The blue dial has been on my wish list for sometime now ! Its a beauty !!!!

and another one I keep drooling over but never made up my mind since I am not a huge fan of leather... I prefer gold or rubber

001-audemars-piguet-millenary-4101-prix-public-2011.jpg

I kind of understand ..

Chateau d'ivoire is a really high end jewelry store and the amount of people that go in and out on daily basis is enormous .. They can't serve everyone on time because too many window shop therefore they concentrate more on ''coming back customers'' and customers who have an extended budget...

Je veux bien croire ... Mais comment veux-tu être capable d'avoir de nouveau client si tu n'es pas capable de les servir correctement! En plus de me faire attendre pour un prix ( il m'avait dit que ca pouvais être long car beaucoup de travail donc c'est correct ) il m'offre une reproduction d'un bracelet Oméga! Wtf ... Je suis sur le marché pour une Globemaster ... Je peux te dire que j'ai beaucoup de difficultés à retourné chez eux ... Ils vont m'offrir un homage d'une Globemaster? Juste car quand je me présente je ne suis pas en habit cravate?

What I have noticed is that leather straps get worn out really quick so the watch looses the resale appeal... Where a metal bracelet stays as new when repolished even if worn quite a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Je veux bien croire ... Mais comment veux-tu être capable d'avoir de nouveau client si tu n'es pas capable de les servir correctement! En plus de me faire attendre pour un prix ( il m'avait dit que ca pouvais être long car beaucoup de travail donc c'est correct ) il m'offre une reproduction d'un bracelet Oméga! Wtf ... Je suis sur le marché pour une Globemaster ... Je peux te dire que j'ai beaucoup de difficultés à retourné chez eux ... Ils vont m'offrir un homage d'une Globemaster? Juste car quand je me présente je ne suis pas en habit cravate?

Like MontrealM3 mentioned it has nothing to do with your clothing !

C'est pas tout le monde qui porte une cravate qui ont de l'argent, ils le savent très bien !

I have a few friends at BMW canbec ( a dealership considered to be snobby )
They have the same approach as Chateau d'ivoire more or less ...

'' We don't value customers that buy a product from us today and tomorrow they buy a different brand as much ass we value customers that keep coming back to do business with us, those customers ensure our business and we in return provide them with the best service possible to make sure they dont go elsewhere including the most competitive prices''

On the other hand, Chateau d'ivoire is more of a place where people look for very exclusive and limited models that other stores dont offer !

If you are looking for an Omega you can always visit Birks downtown, theres a black guy with glasses who use to work at Louis Vuitton, he provides OUTSTANDING service and will also be able to give you a good deal on a Omega.

I've heard many bad reviews about chateau however I truly believe its case by case.. its a family ran business.
As for other jewelry stores its salesmen who just do their job by selling and providing customer service.

in the end, it all depends what you are looking for and shop accordingly.

What I have noticed is that leather straps get worn out really quick so the watch looses the resale appeal... Where a metal bracelet stays as new when repolished even if worn quite a lot.

totally agreed !
One of the reasons on why I keep hesitating on the Audemars..
I opted for a Ulysse with a rubber bracelet which is really not a pain to change if needed and it doesn't wear out and stretch like leather !

Buying a Audemars to eventually resell I would definitely invest in a spare strap.

Bump!

J'ai regarder sur le site de Hamilton pour trouver un détaillant à Montréal ,mais selon leur site il a rien au Canada...
Quelqu'un en connaît un? Je regardais la Khaki pilot automatic, mais je suis pas certain de la grosseur (46mm).

Anyone have a Seiko Orange Monster for sale? Bonus if with black rubber strap but machined bezel.

Also, what do you guys think of the Ingersoll brand? I saw some once in Vienna and have had an itch to get something German made in the 300 to 500 range.

Bump!

J'ai regarder sur le site de Hamilton pour trouver un détaillant à Montréal ,mais selon leur site il a rien au Canada...
Quelqu'un en connaît un? Je regardais la Khaki pilot automatic, mais je suis pas certain de la grosseur (46mm).
J'ai acheté la mienne chez bijouterie Monaco.

Signature in Laval probably get you the best price .. He gives good deals especially if he has it in stock

My IWC Portuguese chronograph is for sale.
Blue hands and gator strap
5900$

I bought it new at chateau d'ivoire in July 2009
3da1c9ebbf832e770fc2fe3cc1f45dc6.jpg

701b7379b2d168874025f046b09fc491.jpg

1d9f68a253fd6ef8230d62d2da75944e.jpg

53f1704766fb8c47490fd5d67d6ce1b9.jpg

Back