Recent content by drrep

1. drrep

Kitchen renovation - vendor recommendations?

Hi everyone, We are looking to renovate our kitchen. More specifically counters, cabinets and floor. There seem to be many different companies out there: West Island, Laval, Montreal. They all seem good but wanted to get some feedback here to see if there are any recommendations from you...
  2. drrep

Civic 2007 - flickering/missing dot light for gear in dash

Hi, It just started and I am not sure what it could be. The red/green dot that appears next to the gear you are shifted to (auto transmission) either doesn't show or flickers. Anyone know if that's a computer problem or something that's DIY? Thanks
  3. drrep

Sound problem with system

All connections "look" ok but am confused on how to go about this. I have an after market deck (JVC) installed. I also have two amps, one for the speakers and another for the subs. I don't use my subs anymore (removed the box). What happens is either of the following: -in the morning...
  4. drrep

Home insurance broker

Does anyone know of any home insurance broker I can get in touch with? Mortgage renewal is in and I think that I can get a better deal with home insurance and car insurance combined somewhere else Thanks
  5. drrep

Who does your income tax returns?

I have been doing them for years but feel that I don't have the ins and outs on getting the most of my returns. I use QuickTax but I don't think it's good enough or at least better than an actual accountant. Anyone else get their taxes done by someone? Any good referrals?
  6. drrep

Shopping at Structube - negotiating

Hi everyone Has anyone shopped at Structube recently? I liked a few sofas from there and wanted to buy but they don't negotiate, have no payments plans or anything Anyone have any insight or experience shopping there?
  7. drrep

Roofing companies

I know I can look in the phonebook but I am looking for a reliable roofing company that can honestly come, do a free estimate and let me know if my roof needs repair before winter time Anyone know of any?
  8. drrep

Pierrefonds - 3 1/2 appartment for lease transfer

Available August 1st! • Large, spacious, and very clean unit, including a storage locker • Hot water, heating, electricity and cable ALL included • Brand new fridge and stove (1 year old) included • Newly renovated bathroom • Nice patio door entrance to balcony • Clean and quiet building...
  9. drrep

Home Alarms

There are many to choose from: ADT, Alarm Force, and even Videotron Anyone have a suggestion? One that has the best deal in other words (i.e. low monthly fee, good supervision/response, free installation, etc...) Thanks
  10. drrep

Getting to Cape Cod...

Hey guys Obviously, I can drive down there (around 6 hour drive right?) I was wondering if anyone has ever taken the bus or train to Cape Cod? It'd be nice to sit back and let someone do the driving for you
  11. drrep

Front bumper signal light cover - Accord 94

Anyone know where I can just find the plastic cover for the signal light on the front bumper? Honda only sells the whole kit for 62 bucks!! I called H Moran but no luck Is there a place that sells this piece that any of you know of? Any junkyards I can call that would have Honda pieces?
  12. drrep

Hydro seeding VS laying new sod

Has anyone tried hydro seeding before? Is it better than laying new sod? I know it's cheaper but would just like to get everyone's experience with it Thanks!
  13. drrep

Moving contacts from SIM card to iPhone

So I checked the Net on how to move contacts from my Fido SIM to the iPhone I found out that an application called SIMport but I am not sure how to install it based on the instructions over the Net. They say to use the installer application...where in the world is that on the iPhone...
  14. drrep

Using my Fido phone in Holland

Ok, so I have my Fido phone and am in Holland. The network changed to vodafone NL, the local network So, say I am in Amsterdam and make a call to Amsterdam, will I get charged for the call or will it just use my airtime and count as a local call? This has always confused me :S
  15. drrep

Interior storage space in the West Island?

Hey guys Does anyone know if there are storage space locations in the West Island for storing furniture? Also, how much would it cost monthly? How long can one store stuff for? Does anyone have any experience with them?
Back