Recent content by FieroAlex

1. FieroAlex

Asylum seekers coming through Montreal airport in record numbers

Under what authority? They can't approve or Deny a claim they can only approve or deny the submission of the claim. IRPA 100(1) 100 (1) An officer shall, after receipt of a claim referred to in subsection 99(3), determine whether the claim is eligible to be referred to the Refugee...
  2. FieroAlex

I'm not sure how to edit the post but I forgot to mention that everyone is finger printed and "Ran" in CPIC/NCIC for criminality. The problem is that often times Criminality is not from Canada or the USA and won't show immediately. There are specific procedures for Interpol, Legally CBSA cannot...
  3. FieroAlex

That's not exactly how it works.. at the POE Land Border all that the CBSA officer does is see if the claimant meets the minimum requirement to make the claim. CBSA officers don't accept or deny claims based on merit, that is left to the IRB (Immigration Refugee Board of CANADA). Their job...
  4. FieroAlex

Post a pic of your last purchase

JDM Dolphin-Freeway spoiler for the Stagea.
  5. FieroAlex

Your car/truck as it sits now thread.

2021 Fleet update before changes start happening.
  6. FieroAlex

I finally Got my Lift :)
  7. FieroAlex

Do we still like the Kia Stinger in 2021?

To make a short story long... I'm shopping for a "beater" to replace my 07 Mazda 6 wagon MT. Now that I'm driving a lot more to get to work I need something newer and more reliable that offers a lot of interior space but I still want the car to be somewhat fun. I was looking at picking up a...
  8. FieroAlex

Looking at a new to us older home, need advice

A property has caught our attention but there are a few issues where I could use some advice. We are looking at a larger bungalow built in 1967 with 1200sqft of living space with an attached 1 car Garage and a separate 2 car garage/ workshop on a huge lot in a more desirable part of town than...
  9. FieroAlex

Any car meets this week in Montreal?

I'l be in Montreal this week to visit family and I want to see some cars before the season is over. It's pretty dead here in Ontario. Any weekly meets still going on? When is import night at the julep? ... I'll have nothing to show but if there some sort of Julep, Lafleur, Epicure meet, poutine...
  10. FieroAlex

Koodo security incident / compromised data

I received this email from Koodo yesterday and I've been running around changing passwords left, right and center. Has anyone else received this email and if so what are you doing to keep your accounts safe. I'm honestly not to confident in Koodo's "No Port protection" and I'm wondering other...
  11. FieroAlex

Going to see the Foo Fighters again! I'd love to get Rage Against the Machine Tickets but $190 a piece is a lot of cash and everyone I know has backed out of paying that much to go see them. :(
  12. FieroAlex

Bought some cheap 17" wheels on Facebook market place for $100. They were curbed and the paint was peeling. I sanded them down, used some metal fill, repainted and cleared them. They look alright for the beater. You can see the imperfections from close but from far it doesn't really stand out...
  13. FieroAlex

Exterior wall sheathing issue

I've gutted my 1st floor bathroom to do a full renovation and ran into an issue with my exterior wall sheathing. The house is a brick veneer bungalow from the 60's. when I removed the old fibreglass with paper backing insulation from the wall I saw that bees had made a hive in the gap between...
  14. FieroAlex

We went on a little trip this past weekend. We just got back last night. Our Fiero group has a big meet every 5 years. This was the 35th Anniversary celebration for the launch of the Fiero and we had about 250 Fiero's attend the event. The meet was in East Peoria, IL but it included a cruise...
  15. FieroAlex

Noob Question, How to turn off Roaming on cell phone (Android)?

I just upgraded from my Blackberry Q5 to a Blackberry Priv. It's my first Android device and I'm lost when it comes to actually using the damn thing. I had my Q5 set for absolutely no roaming what so ever (Data & Cellular). The best I can do with android on the priv seems to be to turn off...
Back