Search results

1. rollingsound

So it's settled then... Always run over the ducks.

8 months...
  2. rollingsound

Landlord/Tenant Question about maintenance

Hi guys, Just curious if anyone knows the law around basic maintenance that's not specified in a lease. Specifically dryer vent cleaning. We have item in our lease saying the fireplace chimney needs to be cleaned by us annually if we use it but nothing else specific. Our dryer died and repair...
  3. rollingsound

Best shipping forward service? Crossborderpickups etc.

Hi guys, I have some gear that will only ship to US address and want to use a forwarder. Is there anything better than crossborderpickups? I don't want to have to drive to the border, prefer it be shipped to my door. With cost of gas and the time driving, the shipping from Canada pays for...
  4. rollingsound

What's the smart way to buy an office chair?

Ok apparently there's people with the insider knowledge on getting quality office chairs at wholesale-ish prices or less. I'm ready to spend $650 or less on a good chair with proper adjustable arm rests etc. Hopefully a buy once cry once situation. My back is killing me. Thanks for any insights
  5. rollingsound

Joël Lightbound is my new favorite person.

Ok, this is going viral as fuck, and all of my friends, on BOTH sides and THE CENTER all agree with what he said today. This is exactly what I was waiting for. Someone stepping up against the party line and showing some balls. The Liberals are so hard to vote for in it's current form, but under...
  6. rollingsound

Any touch less automatic washes that get salt off?

I've got my first non leased vehicle in a while and it's 10 years old and is in garage during winter so rust is a concern. It had rustproifing done a while back but I've been told by a body guy that the only real way to fight rust is to keep it clean in the winter months. So, in terms of just...
  7. rollingsound

Looking for place at Tremblant w/ access to slopes and a kitchen

Looking to ball out (on points lol) for a midweek 2-3 nighter at Tremblant. Need a spot with one or two bedrooms with a kitchen that is walkable to lifts and village. I'd appreciate any recommendations you guys have, thanks
  8. rollingsound

Anyone here work for BELL have Fiber rollout question

Fiber lines and boxes were deployed in my hood about 2 months ago. We're actually in need of symmetrical gigabit at our place so we're looking to get hooked up asap. So far FTTH packages are still unavailable. Anyone have an idea how long after deployment it takes to light the fiber up? I'm...
  9. rollingsound

Amazon seems to be offering same day delivery in Montreal

This is new to me, maybe I just didn't notice and it's been around a while
  10. rollingsound

Need a brunch spot for gf's birthday Saturday...

Looking for a spot West of downtown, can sit outside, nothing fancy, need a 10 person reservation for Saturday. Any recommendations? Thanks
  11. rollingsound

SUP people (Stand Up Paddle) Aware me plz

I've done SUP like maybe a dozen times and I really never not had fun, it's a good way to get some upper and core work and is relaxing... What is the situation with inventory for boards this year? If it's anything like bikes it's completely fucked so should I even try and buy a board this year...
  12. rollingsound

What's up with Amazon delays?

I order supplements and stuff from there with Prime and usually it's 2 day turn around. Now everything is like oh we'll let you know when it ships, stuffs taking weeks. Wtf Jeff?
  13. rollingsound

Cheapest lease payment possible right now for a crossover

GF needs new wheels. We were shopping in $10-15K range in the used market right now but it's a minefield at the moment. Considering short term lease and revisit buying used for the long term in 2-3 years time. What is the cheapest compact suv/crossover lease available right now. She doesn't...
  14. rollingsound

Anyone here work for Bell on the infra side? I've got a FTTH rollout question

So, having a fiber line to our house would GREATLY help myself and the wifey due to symmetrical upload speeds for back ups etc. etc. We have had Fiber to our neighborhood (In Lasalle) for a long time. In fact, I can see what I know to be Bell Fiber lines from my house. I got a notice in the...
  15. rollingsound

Best way to have replicate Android Auto experience on an older car

Hi guys, I'm offloading my lease and picking up a 2010 Lexus IS250 to free up some cash flow for the mortgage I'll be paying soon enough... I'm losing Android Auto functionality which I've come to LOVE. Will I be able to trigger google assistant on my phone with the bluetooth button on the...
  16. rollingsound

Anyone know a good dealer/connect for lease transfer?

Got quoted $977 for lease transfer from Campbell & Cameron, we can do better I'm sure... Anyone got a connect? Thanks guys!
  17. rollingsound

10 Gig Mikrotik switch

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-reseaux/ville-de-montreal/mikrotik-crs305-1g-4s-10-gig-managed-switch-with-4-10-gig-ports/1549479503 Mikrotik CRS305-1G-4S 10 gig managed switch with 4 10 gig ports $200 bucks for MR members, pick up in Lasalle. Msg me via Kijiji ad if interested.
  18. rollingsound

Trying to find old parody video where guy sells Montreal in style of Dimitri leather

Might be on Vimeo or YouTube, it was a local guy who made a handful of parody videos. One was hilarious where he pretended to be the guy from the Dimitri leather ads (kinda) and sold off all the garbage we had like Blue Bonnets etc... Anyone got an idea where this thing is? I'm stuck Sent...
  19. rollingsound

The housing prices are kinda getting a bit fucked up thread

Hi MR, listen, I know exactly why house prices are inflating. I have a lot of financial training/education/experience what have you. Still doesn't make me feel better about having to buy into an inflated market. So this thread is for memes, examples of transactions that are on their face...
Back