Search results

1. F

Getting second car (economy)...makes sense?

Hi gang. I've been thinking of this for a while...as much as I really like my older rx350, i've been thinking of getting a second, second-hand Econobox car for my daily errands. If i were to buy it straight up, and with only registration and insurance...does it actually make sense? I had looked...
  2. F

Bmw x1...schedule maintenance sheet anywhere?

Hi everyone. We got our 2016 bmw x1 over a year ago now. I looked quickly in the owners manual to see if there is a maintenance Chart to tell me when things need to be changed (ie: 80 000km change transmission oil), but didn't find it. Any of tou know if there is a site that would have it a d...
  3. F

Cleaning tips for oil stains on driveway?

Hi gang, as the title states, do any of you have tips on how to get out bad oil stains out of an asphalt driveway? I tried some soaoy water and pressure washer but it Didn't work. Thanks fab
  4. F

Pontiac G8 (v6).. opinions? Any owners out there?

Hi guys, was wanting to get your opinion on there short-lived cars? I've always loved the lok of these cars, very unique. Are they good? Reliable? Thinking of the v6 models. Are they the same as Cadillac with 3.6 engine? Any known issues?are parts haed to find? Thanks Fab
  5. F

motorcycle shops in west island??

Hi gang, not sure if this was the right section to post. I wanted to know if there are any motorcycle shops in the west island? there was one on peirrefond, but they closed. any info would be great. thanks fab
  6. F

opinions..winter tires for bmw x1.. run-flat vs regular.....blizzaks vs pirelli?

Hi gang, we're shopping around for some winter tires for our 2016 bmw x1. the car has run flats right now. we're debating weather to get regular or run-flat winter tires. in runflats there seems to be about 3-4 options out there. I know there is the blizzak's (not sure which model number) and...
  7. F

Chrysler/dodge....3.5 or hemi..rwd or awd?

Hi guys, how goes it? I was thinking of getting a second "fun" sunday car. I've always like the Chrysler 300 or dodge charger. Budget wise seems to lead to older models. I was wondering how reliable either engine are? Does the 3.5 have some guts to it? Only gripe with the 3.5 is the timing belt...
  8. F

Displacement on demand & registration fees?

Hi guys. Was thinking of this the other day..how does DOD and regi fees work? If the engine is lets say a 5.7 V8, but at easy cruising speed it goes down to 4 cylinders, is the car still registered as large engine capacity? Or a small engine size? Or do they go somewhere in the middle (no...
  9. F

Possibly buying an older vehicle (18-19 years old) que

Hi gang. I have been thinking of getting an older vehicle (currently platted). What steps are needed to purchase the vehicle? Does it need a road inspection? Evaluation? Is there still a book value on old cars? What are the steps to do and what can i expect when going to register it, to avoid...
  10. F

registering a car from the states (milage)?

hi everyone, was thinking about this the other day. If you want to buy a car that was originally from the US, when you go to register it here, and they ask for the milage, do you give the milage on the dash(in miles) or do you convert the amount in KM and give them that? what's the protocol? was...
  11. F

Winter parking: inside or outside? (Rust)

Hi guys. I wanted to get your opinions on parking your car in winter time. I had always heard people say to park your car outside (in the cold) is better to prevent your car from rusting quicker. Is this true? It's been a year since i got my 2009 lexus. It had always been garage parked (heated)...
  12. F

Where to get oem toyota parts in canada?

Hi everyone, just wondering if any of you have ordered oem toyota parts online from canada or US? If so which website have you ordered from? Thanks Fab
  13. F

2009 lexus rx350@200k km..clunk in strut?

Hi guys, still trying to solve that clunking noise in my lexus rear. I thought it might have been brake related. Just did all 4 corners rotors and pads, noise still there over small bumps/imperfections. I'm leaning towards the struts now. Is it normal for a lexus/toyota struts to start failing...
  14. F

Are callipers supposed to rattle?

Hi gang, so as i've been having this clunking noise in the rear of my car, i had a look at the callipers. When i grabbed the top of it i can shake the calliper up and down a bit and seems to make the clunking noise that I've been hearing. Is this normal? I pryed a bar between the brake pedal...
  15. F

Possible rear shock rattle, failing?

Hi gang, as I posted before, i'm still getting a loud clunk from the rear of my 2009 lexus rx350. I was gonna change out the sway bar links, thinking it was that. I picked up some mevotechs. I was surprised to see that the threaded part of the bar, doesn't move at all! Usually this moves and...
  16. F

sway bar links.. OEM vs aftermarket??

Hi guys, i'm thinking of changing out the rear sway bar links on my lexus rx350. i just wanted to get your opinion on weather to go with original OEM toyota bar links? or aftermarket? i saw there where a few companies out there... Moog, mevotech or AC Delco. what is your take on these? any...
  17. F

Rear-end "clunking" noise (lexus)..hlp pls

Hi everyone, it's been about a month now that a rear end clunking noise has come about, in my 2009 lexus rx350. I had the rear sway bars links and bushings changed a few months ago. I brought it back to my garage to check it out. They tried putting oem link bushings instead but problem still...
  18. F

Your opinion: old Torque vs new Torque..the same?

Hi everyone, how goes it? I was looking through some old pics today and came across one of my old cars. It was a 1991 eagle talon tsi fwd. I remember how that car drove/felt. It would push you back in your seat and felt like a go cart. So fun to drive. One of my dream cars has alwYs been the...
  19. F

which to choose (for spouse): Mazda cx5, vw Tiguan or Mercedes GLK?

Hi gang, how are you? my spouse will be looking for a slightly used car in the next little bit. Someone suggested Mazda cx5,, said it was a good, reliable car. she had been looking at the Tiguan as well, not sure of longterm reliability? as well, there is the Mercedes GLK as a contender. Not...
  20. F

Mercedes Rwd good in snow?

Hi gang, how goes it? I've been reading around about Mercedes cars and how they handle in snow. I know the 4matic is great in snow, but i wanted to know how the rwd does with 4 dedicated winter tires? I've been looking at the c300 models. I've had a rwd caprice in the past and loved it. I worry...
Back