Search results

1. N

K swap FRS vs SAAQ

How angry would the SAAQ if I swap a blown FA20 in a BRZ/FRS for a K24A from a 08 TSX? Is there any way it can be inspected and made road legal, or should I wait for the magic 15 year mark in 2028?
  2. N

What is happening at ICAR

Seems like some madness went down during the last lapping session https://www.facebook.com/people/ICAR-Lapping-Club/100036964496688/
  3. N

TAG Tracking 2022

How do you guys feel about installing TAG tracking? I have a 2020 Civic Type r, debating if it's worth getting it installed for the insurance discount/potential peace of mind. I didn't get it back in 2020, because at the time I figured if my car was stolen I didn't want it back. (I've changed...
  4. N

WRX STI Discontinuedhttps://www.thedrive.com/news/44717/the-new-subaru-wrx-wont-get-a

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44717/the-new-subaru-wrx-wont-get-an-sti-version It's the Evo all over again.
  5. N

How many of you have a winter beater / different winter car?

4 more months to go!
  6. N

Market Adjustment ADM

We all know the insanity of buying any rare performance car in the States - the dealers tack on 10-50k extra and destroy the market. Until today, I assumed it was illegal in Canada, but it seems like it isn't. Apparently happens in Ontario with Hellcat's, TRX's, and more all the time. Does...
  7. N

Normal Surface Rust for a 2018 Mazda3

Friend of mine is buying a used Mazda3. I know nothing of Mazda3's. I was sent these arbritary pictures of the underbody from the dealer. 2018 GT with ~ 30k. QC Car. This stuff seem normal level?
  8. N

Winter Storage?

Does anyone know a place that stores cars over winter? I’ve never done this before and don’t really know where to go …. (My normal spot is unavailable this year)
  9. N

The harder you try to keep a car clean....the universe strikes back.

Last year I bought my first new car after finishing school and saving. - a Civic Type R. Decided to try my best to keep it clean, waxing, two bucket washes, etc. What happens immediately after I buy it? My neighbour decides to sand his porch steps and gets concrete dust all over my car:yikes...
  10. N

Rust Proofing v Weather Stripping

I've heard mixed reports of weather stripping being worn down by rust proofing sprays? Anyone see this happen in person? i.e, wrinkling at bottom of doors and such.
  11. N

Buying a new car - Dealer Rustproofing / Paint Protection

Hi everyone! I might be getting a new Civic soon. The dealer sells their undercoating/corrosion package for $1100, and paint protection for $700. Is this mostly just lining the dealers pockets - or worth it on a factory fresh car? Am I better off going to an independent like Crown before...
  12. N

Exhaust Modifications

A lot of the posts I've seen on MR about exhausts are a few years old. On the SAAQ's website, there is a pdf about approved modifications: https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/documents/publications/modify-your-vehicle.pdf It states "Changing the muffler or exhaust system to make it noisier than...
  13. N

Miata on track = Rollbar?

I have an NB miata that is used a daily in the city. I'd love to take the car on the track - but from reading online it's not recommended to track MX-5 without a rollbar. I'd have installed the bar eons ago - but in miata's rollbars (i.e hard dog, etc) are perilously close the the seats - I'm...
  14. N

Opinion on the 2017+ B9 A4 ?

A4's got great reviews for the leap in refinement/quality with the B9 generation starting in 2017. Anyone have any experience with the car? It's got a slightly higher output version of the GTI's EA888. Sport pack cars are going for similar prices to 2016 + GTI's. The only thing I've found is...
  15. N

Are early F30 4-Cylinders really timebombs?

Apparently the pre-2015 N20 equipped F30 cars (320i, 328i) have bad reputation on the BMW forums. I've read that the timing chain tensioners that can let go at any second on a early F30. Is there any truth to this - or just classic maintenance fear for german cars? Anyone have some more experience?
  16. N

987 Cayman - Aware Me

I've always wanted one of these cars and they seem relatively affordable. Common issues are the IMS, Bore scoring, and the shifter cables snapping it seems. I'm thinking of picking one of these up as a daily - but it's probably a terrible idea ( I drive around 120 km a day round trip). Anyone...
  17. N

Is synthetic reccomended for gear oil as well? (80W-90)

Does anyone know where I can find synthetic 80w-90 gear oil? I need to change the transfer case fluid on my 2011 RDX. As per 2011 Acura RDX owners manual: SAE 90 or SAE 80W-90 viscosity hypoid gear oil, API service classified GL4 or GL5 only. The manual doesn't recommend synthetic - but I feel...
  18. N

Good location for A/C service in Montreal?

A/C Stopped working on our RDX. Does anyone know a good reputable shop to have it serviced (other than the dealer :yikes:) on (or off) the island? I can hear the clutch engage at times - but practically no effect on the RPM. I'm hoping the system itself is fine and the a/c clutch needs...
Back