Abdominal Toning System

Russian_M3

Shop Representative
Slendertone FLEX® Abdominal Toning System

http://www.slendertoneusa.com/

Slendertone-Flex-Ab-Toning-System.jpg

images

LOWEST-PRICE-buy-Slendertone-Unisex-System-Abs-Toning-Belt-sale.jpg

I don't have much fat on my body ( +/- 14% body mass fat) I am thinking of getting this system because I am too lazy to workout and maintain abs.
I go 3-4 times a week to the gym and I rather workout all other muscle groups first rather than abs and towards the end of the workout I am too exhausted to do abs therefore I am resorting to this.

Any one ever try these types of systems ? Do they work ?
Share you experiences and thoughts based on facts and not bias opinions that are not backed by anything but your point of view.

Tomorrow I am going to order it from Costco for $80 and will give it a try... If anyone is interested to know if it works or not let me know and I will keep you posted with results.

You need lower bf if you want to see your abs. This "toning system" will not help in any way.

If you go to the gym 3-4 times a week you are still working out your abs but not by doing a direct ab exercise.

ca existe encore! J'avais deja essayé quelque chose de semblable vla 8-9 ans, vraiment bizare comme feeling.

It varies depending on people but i think (guessing here) that you need to be around 10% body fat to start seeing some abs.

I tried a similar machine like 10 years ago and one thing i noticed is that if you have body hair the electric side will not stick that well on your skin even tho you put a bit of water on it, so you will feel little electric shocks on ur skin instead of feeling pulse's on your abs to flex em.

When ever it wasn't giving me electric shocks it actually flexed my abs but it wasn't intense enough to actually make me soar like an intense abs workout or even some back exercise's i do.

One thing tho Bruce lee used a similar system on his chest to have the effect of like 300 push ups in minutes so maybe it could work with the right product

From the movie about his life

You need lower bf if you want to see your abs. This "toning system" will not help in any way.

If you go to the gym 3-4 times a week you are still working out your abs but not by doing a direct ab exercise.

My BF % is ideal for my height/weight.

I have been going to the gym for 8 years now (on and off) and I train professional style. I use to have abs a many years ago for a long period of time however it is hard maintaining them especially if I skip trainings for a few months sometimes. I use to do 300-400 leg rises for lower abs and crunches/Russian twists but I don't have the patience nor the time to concentrate mostly on abs.. I prefer to put more time and effort into chest/legs/back. Thus resorting for such a machine.

When you say it will not help in any way, you speak from experience or you think it will not work ?

I figured if I do mild abdominal exercises at the gym and use the machine at home it should give result.

It varies depending on people but i think (guessing here) that you need to be around 10% body fat to start seeing some abs.

I tried a similar machine like 10 years ago and one thing i noticed is that if you have body hair the electric side will not stick that well on your skin even tho you put a bit of water on it, so you will feel little electric shocks on ur skin instead of feeling pulse's on your abs to flex em.

When ever it wasn't giving me electric shocks it actually flexed my abs but it wasn't intense enough to actually make me soar like an intense abs workout or even some back exercise's i do.

One thing tho Bruce lee used a similar system on his chest to have the effect of like 300 push ups in minutes so maybe it could work with the right product

From the movie about his life

Like you haven mentioned, it does give an electric pulse, a form of a deep tissue massage.
I have almost no body hair, only some on the legs. So I guess that wouldn't be an issue for me.

Thank you for the input.

OP: Just do your abs before lifting weights...

il me semble que j'avais entendu dire que c'est pas bon faire des abs avant un work out, car t'es abs et ton bas de dos soutienne ta ton torse/colonne alors si tu les épuise dès le début tu a plus de chance de te blessé au dos.

il me semble que j'avais entendu dire que c'est pas bon faire des abs avant un work out, car t'es abs et ton bas de dos soutienne ta ton torse/colonne alors si tu les épuise dès le début tu a plus de chance de te blessé au dos.

Il s'en dit ben des affaires dans un gym. J'entend des ptit culs parler des bienfaits des pre workouts et de la Whey à longueur de séance. Trouves moi une source crédible. Si tu t'épuises le dos en faisant des abdos au point de te blesser t'as sûrement plein d'autres problèmes à régler.

ouai c'est vrai que quand tu fais des biceps ou des triceps tu risques de blesser ton dos.

Honestly, I think the only source you need is common sense. Like he said, your abs are one of the muscles involved in keeping your core tight when doing exercises like squats. A tired muscle does not perform like a fresh muscle. 1 + 1 = 2, usually. If you don't keep your core tight when doing squats, you are at risk to injure yourself and especially your back for example.

As for the device. I understand the concept but I fail to see how simply contracting a muscle will exercise it enough to develop the muscle. It's like growing your biceps by flexing constantly. When I had physio for my knee, they attached a similar device to my quad to contract the muscle, however, I was still required to do certain exercises while it was in use.

As for the device. I understand the concept but I fail to see how simply contracting a muscle will exercise it enough to develop the muscle. It's like growing your biceps by flexing constantly. When I had physio for my knee, they attached a similar device to my quad to contract the muscle, however, I was still required to do certain exercises while it was in use.

Thats an attrapt for lazy dumb people... it DOESN'T work. U don't fail bro... it just doesnt work! lol

Big and loud words with no credible source nor experience with the machine..

Try to be as productive as possible in your explanations.

I think the reason people are saying it wont work is because all the machine does is flex the muscle. In order to have a muscle gaining mass for example you need to stress the muscle with a load.

In the case of your abs , you need some kind of resistance that ur abs need to work threw. When you do a crunch you use ur abs to lift your body so it creates a resistance on the muscle.

This machine just contracts the muscle it doesn't offer any resistance and since a muscle needs resistance to either get bigger or harder then in theory you wont gain anything with this machine.

At least that's how i understand it . I could be completely wrong

Big and loud words with no credible source nor experience with the machine..

Try to be as productive as possible in your explanations.

ESPECIALLY in bodybuilding you have what you work for... I know them all... From IFBB pro george farah to usa top fitness model greg plitt... ( really small world ). Thats an attrapt for dumb lazy people, it is nothing else. If you're interest in fitness and type of thing I can suggest you a site, it's a couple of buck for a year. www.gregplitt.com you gonna have the REAL time of what's going on in nutrition, training and fit lifestyle. There like 60 hour of video that gonna boost you like crazy.

Sorry for being so rude, just don't spend money on that lol.

Honestly, I think the only source you need is common sense. Like he said, your abs are one of the muscles involved in keeping your core tight when doing exercises like squats. A tired muscle does not perform like a fresh muscle. 1 + 1 = 2, usually. If you don't keep your core tight when doing squats, you are at risk to injure yourself and especially your back for example.

Exactement, c'est juste un question de logique selon moi. Tu augmente tes chances de te blessé mais sa veux pas dire que tu va te blessé, c'est tout.

Back