Buying a new car in Ontario?

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a new vehicle from a dealer in Ontario in order to plate and drive in Quebec? I imagine this happens all the time in areas like Hawksburry or Gatineau.

If it's a lease/purchase does it matter? Do you have to inspect the thing in order to plate it in Quebec?

If I'm correct, dealers in the USA won't sell lease or finance you a new vehicle. Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm no they don't because it's a new sale and those dealers are bonded in QC as well. It happens all the time in those areas.

If you bought it and plated in ON then decided to move it to QC you would need SAAQ inspection and let the leasing company know whats happening. Same deal for used purchase, would need inspection in QC

Dealers in USA won't finance you or lease for obvious reasons :s ????

Exactly they won't sell you a new car because we have the same model here.

Depends on the brand, but when the CDN as at par many manufactures were putting a stop sale to Canadians or imposing stupid import rules such as pricey recall clearance letters, changing clusters, HVAC etc. Even on used cars.... Manufactures were also threatening saying if you sold a CDN a car they wouldn't allow you to replace it with another. I know a few people who bought "demo" BMWs and Porsches

Now all CDN pickups and sports cars are going down south.

Depends on the brand, but when the CDN as at par many manufactures were putting a stop sale to Canadians or imposing stupid import rules such as pricey recall clearance letters, changing clusters, HVAC etc. Even on used cars.... Manufactures were also threatening saying if you sold a CDN a car they wouldn't allow you to replace it with another. I know a few people who bought "demo" BMWs and Porsches

Now all CDN pickups and sports cars are going down south.
And to Europe. Lot's of cars get exported.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Last time I checked, Porsche dealers in the US do sell cars to canadian residents, but won't lease or finance because of risk and collection issues due to distance and such. To make sure your warranty won't be void once you're here, with Porsche Canada you have to make some arrangements with Porsche cust serv and your dealer prior to importing the car. Generally speaking things work out fine, but there may still be some occasions where you might be referred to the original dealer to get the job done, believe it or not.

Some other manufacturers accept as well, but what was true with one given manufacturer yesterday might not be tomorrow and vice versa as they ''often'' change their policies regarding new purchases. One factor that greatly influences this is the dollar value and how much canadian dealers whine to their big brother '' (insert manufacturer name) USA''.

To give an example, Kanata Ford is taking in any 2-3 year old Ford, Chevy, Dodge pick-ups to.....you guessed it, send to the US of A. Since the dollar is low, the US are scooping up these trucks to take down. Some are still on warranty. Are these warranties still respected? Do these trucks need inspection? Big rebates for people wanting to buy new Ford pick-ups. At the same payments or even better.

I just feel sorry for ythe guy who buys a truck that spent 2-3 winters in salt down in the lower states.

You buy a car from the states, warranty void here in Canada. How is it if it's reversed?

I know a guy who but an Edge brand new in Québec to bring back to Ontario. No need of inspection because it was new and never had any previous registration/owner.

Same for Québec or are they so in need of money they send you to SAAQ for inspection?

I'm just wondering if anyone has purchased a new vehicle from a dealer in Ontario in order to plate and drive in Quebec? I imagine this happens all the time in areas like Hawksburry or Gatineau.

If it's a lease/purchase does it matter? Do you have to inspect the thing in order to plate it in Quebec?

If I'm correct, dealers in the USA won't sell lease or finance you a new vehicle. Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon voisin a acheté sa dernière voiture à Hawksbury et le dealer la plaqué à Grenville de l'autre côté du pont.

To give an example, Kanata Ford is taking in any 2-3 year old Ford, Chevy, Dodge pick-ups to.....you guessed it, send to the US of A. Since the dollar is low, the US are scooping up these trucks to take down. Some are still on warranty. Are these warranties still respected? Do these trucks need inspection? Big rebates for people wanting to buy new Ford pick-ups. At the same payments or even better.

I just feel sorry for ythe guy who buys a truck that spent 2-3 winters in salt down in the lower states.

You buy a car from the states, warranty void here in Canada. How is it if it's reversed?

I know a guy who but an Edge brand new in Québec to bring back to Ontario. No need of inspection because it was new and never had any previous registration/owner.

Same for Québec or are they so in need of money they send you to SAAQ for inspection?
If it's a "virgin" car you don't need inspection. If its "used" meaning even a few weeks you'll need to pass through inspection. Same goes for Ontario or any other province.

If I`m not mistaken ,if you don`t have a car title, you won`t be able to import your vehicle from the US anyway (meaning the car has to be fully paid)

My friend tried to buy a Z/28 in the states because here you can't get the bare bones style like you can there. It's stupid that you can't buy a vehicle there.

My friend tried to buy a Z/28 in the states because here you can't get the bare bones style like you can there. It's stupid that you can't buy a vehicle there.

You can it just has to be paid in cash and if the dealer is willing. GM dealers in South Florida will do it

Back