Credit Card Transaction Fees - qui les paye?

It's explicitly against the merchant/credit card agreement to charge a fee, to have a minimum purchase amount or even offer cash discounts. You're suppose to bake the fee into your pricing.

Honestly if it's a small business I make an effort to pay cash, that 3% fee can make a difference in their profitability and I'd rather they get the money than Visa/MC.

That's part of why I'm paying this one cash. He an acquaintance and he just started up his business. I was just curious about the practice because I also accept credit cards, but I take the hit. I wouldn't feel right about passing on that fee to my clients...especially because most of them also tip me, so the ones that pay by credit card, the fee comes out of the tip and not the actual invoice. And you can't complain about anything over the invoice amount as a vendor :)

The reason I made this thread is that I wanted to know if it was legal or not if another vendor tries to pull off the same thing. I want to beable to legally call them out if they try to pass a fast one on me.

it's not business related. It's a personal purchase.
I know that's why I said it was off topic. I just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already, referring to your reply above about "taking the hit"

Question parallèle. Sur CIBC Visa ça dit que si on achète à l'étranger ils ajoutent 2,5% de frais sur le montant convertit selon le rate change qu'ils payent. Mais est-ce qu'ils payent un taux de change déja marked up ou le vrai total des frais est 2,5% (ou a peine plus)?

Sinon, une bonne place pour acheter des yen?

Question parallèle. Sur CIBC Visa ça dit que si on achète à l'étranger ils ajoutent 2,5% de frais sur le montant convertit selon le rate change qu'ils payent. Mais est-ce qu'ils payent un taux de change déja marked up ou le vrai total des frais est 2,5% (ou a peine plus)?

Sinon, une bonne place pour acheter des yen?

c'est 2.5% sur presque spot rate.

Carte de credit Amazon, aucun frais de taux d'echange. Meilleur carte pour voyager

Les grosses compagnies on des meilleurs taux et il négocie fort

Non, s'en tirer d'offrir un rabais si tu paies cash.

c'est 2.5% sur presque spot rate.

Carte de credit Amazon, aucun frais de taux d'echange. Meilleur carte pour voyager

Merci pour l'info. Je vais survivre avec 2,5% pour le moment, je pense pas me payer une pute à chaque soir.

C'est parce que leur prix "normal" c'est le prix avec crédit. Ils te font un rabais si tu payes cash.

Same difference mais c'est ça quand même.

Pour les montants minimums sur les cartes, c'est surtout pour Intérac que ça pose problème. Visa/MC chargent un pourcentage alors qu'Intérac c'est un frais fixe.

Back