Danica Patrick at JRE

What was JV's rep in NASCAR? There are a few videos of him on YouTube where he appears to not give a fuck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A little late here but that is exactly how he drove, was spectacular to watch him drive a 4000lbs NASCAR on road courses as if it were a F1 car, drifting, passing 3 wide and with 2 wheels on the grass. Watching him try and late brake a 4000lbs elephant and go deep into corners was hilarious with the resulting lockup, rear axle hop and chatter, many times could not stop and would take people out. And Gregster is correct, he was totally screwed in Montreal 2012 with the ridiculous yellows, had to do the last lap on fumes and was booted out of the way costing him a win. The rednecks wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:
A little late here but that is exactly how he drove, was spectacular to watch him drive a 4000lbs NASCAR on road courses as if it were a F1 car, drifting, passing 3 wide and with 2 wheels on the grass. Watching him try and late brake a 4000lbs elephant and go deep into corners was hilarious with the resulting lockup, rear axle hop and chatter, many times could not stop and would take people out. And Gregster is correct, he was totally screwed in Montreal 2012 with the ridiculous yellows, had to do the last lap on fumes and was booted out of the way costing him a win. The rednecks wouldn't have it any other way.
I just rewatched the entire 97 season and tbh he either won or crashed out in a blaze of glory. Schumacher and DC were much more consistent over the course of the season but McLaren had a nice string of unreliability . Many of JV drives were good but I wouldn't class any of them on sheer brilliance. Yea the Williams was a great car however in hindsight was maybe just slightly better than McLaren or Ferrari. 1997 is super underrated as seasons go and for whatever reason doesn't get talked about too much. It was a fucking brilliant season.

As for Williams booting him out it was already being talked about mid season that Pollock and JV wanted their own team with possible Chrysler power.. Frank admitted that JV was turning into diva. I really believe if he would have stuck it out at Williams and waited for BMW there could have been more greatness. Now JV is banned from Williams for shit talking Stroll. He can no longer show up once a week for his free meal

I just rewatched the entire 97 season and tbh he either won or crashed out in a blaze of glory. Schumacher and DC were much more consistent over the course of the season but McLaren had a nice string of unreliability . Many of JV drives were good but I wouldn't class any of them on sheer brilliance. Yea the Williams was a great car however in hindsight was maybe just slightly better than McLaren or Ferrari. 1997 is super underrated as seasons go and for whatever reason doesn't get talked about too much. It was a fucking brilliant season.

As for Williams booting him out it was already being talked about mid season that Pollock and JV wanted their own team with possible Chrysler power.. Frank admitted that JV was turning into diva. I really believe if he would have stuck it out at Williams and waited for BMW there could have been more greatness. Now JV is banned from Williams for shit talking Stroll. He can no longer show up once a week for his free meal

Not sure how this ended up being about JV in F1 when we were discussing JV in NASCAR but can't argue with anything you said, it is a fair assessment. JV's mistake was listening to Craig P and his dreams of being a team owner. Yes, JV has always spoke his mind (better than today's sterilized drones that have nothing to say and are terrified to offend anyone less they get their free paddock Red Bulls revoked) and until Stroll proves he has talent JV's assessment of Stroll is also fair and spot on, he'd be no where without his fathers backing. Hate on JV all you want he's done something only 2 other drivers have ever done in history, Indy 500, IndyCar and F1 World Champion. Pretty exclusive club and not likely to be repeated anytime soon. And this was in the era of actual competition with some pretty hard core machinery.

Like watching Rogan, get to know people a little more, sometimes learn stuff. It's entertaining most of the time and there are times I just turn it off 15 minutes into it because it feels like torture trying to care what the guest is talking about.

Like watching Rogan, get to know people a little more, sometimes learn stuff. It's entertaining most of the time and there are times I just turn it off 15 minutes into it because it feels like torture trying to care what the guest is talking about.
I pick and choose now. Some of the MMA talk or strange conspiracy or beliefs guests get on my nerves.

Agreed re JR, some of his talks end up being really interesting. Others I just skip.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back