DSLRs are a dying breed – 3rd Gen Cameras are the Future.

I think they are a dying breed, it's bound to happen but maybe not within 2 years like the guy says in the video, at least for the professionals. I mean the Nikon D4 and the Canon 1D-X are just about to come out and surely the 5D3 or D800 are on the the way. For sure though the consumers will embrace this new generation a lot quicker.

I'm curious to see if Canon and Nikon are working on for a mirrorless FF camera though, maybe one that will support the current line of lenses?

yeah, these "3rd gen" mirrorless cameras still have an image sensor smaller than a crop sensor. Until they can get image quality (and also ISO performance) to the same level as DSLRs, they will not become the norm. I'd say at least another 3 years.

Well the new Fujifilm X-Pro1 that was announced just today at CES has a 16mp APS-C sensor. I think the Sony NEX-5 also has a APS-C sensor. So I'm sure a FF "3rd Gen" is on the way sooner than we think.

yeah all the sonys (nex-c3, nex-5, nex-7) uses APS-C sensors.
They are the best in that "3rd gen" category so far *tu*

c'Est vrai que sony produit les meilleurs camera hybrid. Mais jamais au grand jamais les Reflex vont mourir. Déja le reflex est le descendant direct de la camera 35mm qui est la depuis des dizaines et des dizaines d'années. Aussi, de toute notre clientele professionnel a mon magasin, pas 1 seul pro aime les hybrid (3rd Gen) trop petit, pas autant d'option, vraiment pas le meme feeling qu'un reflex, Pas la meme construction )vraiment pas solide comparé a des Full Body. Je sais que C'est un type de produit nouveau. Mais en exemple, le V1, J1. De la vrai marde. Capteur 4/3 pourri, video pourri, trop petit, juste les fonctions et les modes a l'interieur font voir que c'est de la cochonnerie.

les hybrid sont bien pour ceux qui veulent quand meme changer d'objectifs mais en restant petit. mais c'est sur que le reflex ne mourra pas.

c'Est vrai que sony produit les meilleurs camera hybrid. Mais jamais au grand jamais les Reflex vont mourir. Déja le reflex est le descendant direct de la camera 35mm qui est la depuis des dizaines et des dizaines d'années. Aussi, de toute notre clientele professionnel a mon magasin, pas 1 seul pro aime les hybrid (3rd Gen) trop petit, pas autant d'option, vraiment pas le meme feeling qu'un reflex, Pas la meme construction )vraiment pas solide comparé a des Full Body. Je sais que C'est un type de produit nouveau. Mais en exemple, le V1, J1. De la vrai marde. Capteur 4/3 pourri, video pourri, trop petit, juste les fonctions et les modes a l'interieur font voir que c'est de la cochonnerie.

les hybrid sont bien pour ceux qui veulent quand meme changer d'objectifs mais en restant petit. mais c'est sur que le reflex ne mourra pas.

I completely agree. With the small bodies they're awkward to handle especially with the bigger telephoto lenses. However I'm sure the 3rd Gen cameras geared towards the more serious hobbyist and professional will sport bigger and more solid bodies, maybe something very similar to the SLR bodies right now just without the whole SLR mechanism inside. One thing the pros will want to keep is all the buttons and dials on the body allowing quick and easy adjustments.

I believe that, once "mirrorless" image sensors are able to shoot at the same quality as FF's, it'll definitely replace them. Imagine not having to clean or repair your sensor, and probably being able to shoot at FPS rates much higher than DSLRs.

But I don't see that coming out and "replacing" DSLRs for at least another 5 years. And even after then, it'll take time for everyone to switch over and make it "the norm."

Have you guys seen Sony's 'new' line of camera's? A55, A77? And their soon to be announced FF (A950?) using SLT technology. That's gonna be the future I think. It has to do with a translucent mirror, it doesn't actually flip up like conventional SLRs. The focusing speed on those are INCREDIBLE.

So much that I like Canon, I think Sony will win this generation.

^yeah I tried the A77, the focus is really fast, perfect for shooting video !
The electronic viewfinder is really special but I still prefer optical.

I've tried the A77 to, probably the biggest opponent to the Canon 7D and the Best overall DSLR Sony ever made. But like Boily said, the freakin viewfiner is still electronic and I hate it.

Also even in RAW, sony has a tendency to over saturate the pictures. But very nice camera, it sucks that sony lenses sucks

Back