How can my friend contest this red light ticket tomorrow?

[MICK]

Legacy Member
Hey everyone,

So my friend got a ticket for passing a red light light (she claims she passed a yellow light). The police officer wrote that she passed the line when the light was already red (which my friend claims is untrue).

Here is the police report:

epgjtf.jpg

Given she'll have 1 point left (if she pleads guilty or loses the case), how can she prove that this was a yellow light rather than a red light? Would her word versus the cop's word work? Or the judge couldn't care less, because she'll still technically have her license after she pleads guilty or loses the case?

Cheers,

Mike

Looks like it's gonna be her word against the cops. Unless she had a dashcam my guess is guilty + court fees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She could try to deal before the court..just saying she will plead guilty to yellow because it what she did....maybe the crown will say oki just sign here and here

If she goes into court confident that she passed on the yellow, she might have a slight chance of winning. One of my friends is on a 3/3 win strike for stops/reds, tell her to give a call to the prosecutor and try to get a deal before hand...

How can you get the prosecutor's number or reach him/her prior to the court hearing? They answer calls like this? The hearing is at 1:30 PM tomorrow!

If she goes into court confident that she passed on the yellow, she might have a slight chance of winning. One of my friends is on a 3/3 win strike for stops/reds, tell her to give a call to the prosecutor and try to get a deal before hand...

Doesn't seem like there's anything for yellow lights here: http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/demerit_points_table.php ... Only red or stop!

Saaq only post infractions which remove demerit points. Its possible that running a yellow results only a fine and no points.:dunno:

From looks of it tho you dont lose points if u run a yellow. I would suggest contesting it but then again when its your word against that of a peace officer the court tends to side against you :(

Perhaps her best bet is to try to strike a deal with the crown attorney like it's been suggested above. I wonder how she can contact the individual though...

Saaq only post infractions which remove demerit points. Its possible that running a yellow results only a fine and no points.:dunno:

From looks of it tho you dont lose points if u run a yellow. I would suggest contesting it but then again when its your word against that of a peace officer the court tends to side against you :(

You go see him before your case begins and try to make a deal. I was able to have my case thrown because i had proof the accusations were bogus and everything was dismissed before talking one word to the judge. (I was being accused of removing the driver airbag when in fact the car originally came without an airbag from factory, i had a momo steering wheel, had an official letter from honda with the car descriptive matching my vin)

Back