Ice racing ?

Erad

Legacy Member
I drove through Hudson along the water this weekend. I saw some para-skiing going on and further down west there were 3 vehicle tracks setup and people lapping. I decided to drive out and see what was going on ( Was in family minivan with wife and kids). Turns out there is a casual group of folks that get together and plow an oval track out of the lake. Access to the area is governed by the para skiiing guys and they like to charge 5$ a head for people using the ramp they rent and manage (sand). One of the guys I spoke with said there are no rules and no governing body or anyone really responsible.. just a guy who plows a track.. they suggested a gift of 20$ to the plow guy might be in order if I was to partake..

What I saw close up was a an early model civic being fitted with ice racing tires. There were other small hatchbacks.. think a Golf and there was a blue 2001< Impreza. Did not stay much longer as it was freezing and I was not prepared.. but I intend to return next weekend. Sat or Sunday the 9th or 10th and invite anyone.. Subaru or not, to come check it out and have a fun run out on the ice with your car. Exit higway 40 at Vaudreuil and head north on St Charles.. turn right onto Chemin de l'anse... you will see the lake dotted with people doing all sorts of things. The tracks are to the left as you drive down the ramp.

I've got studded winters and though it would be fun, but next to these guys and their hardcore spiked tires, I would be spinning my wheels in place for sure.

Those pricks took it upon themselves to take over our spot of almost 10 years with a stupid oval track. Back when we were racing there, it actually was a nice track with big turns, huge curves and lots more people interested until they started pullin their bullshit separatist "fuck the English this is our province" shit. I miss that spot but I'm not interested in getting in a fight with those losers again. We will have our own track near the willow inn.

Those pricks took it upon themselves to take over our spot of almost 10 years with a stupid oval track. Back when we were racing there, it actually was a nice track with big turns, huge curves and lots more people interested until they started pullin their bullshit separatist "fuck the English this is our province" shit. I miss that spot but I'm not interested in getting in a fight with those losers again. We will have our own track near the willow inn.

I didn't sense any animosity at all and my french isn't perfect, so it was probably obvious I was anglo.. Do let me know about the track near the willow. That's even closer to me and let me know if there is anything I can help to facilitate making it happen. I see you have a few ice racing cars in your inventory.. If ever/whenever you get up to doing this, please send me a PM so I can come see and get involved.

Back