News: Koenigsegg coming to Canada

D_Accord

Legacy Member
If you got a couple of million $ to spend on a car and don`t want Italian then you should be able to buy a Koenigsegg, in Canada soon.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/hyperca...lgary-for-first-canadian-dealership-1.2278367

Boutique Swedish automaker Koenigsegg, manufacturer of exclusive 'megacars' like the new US$1.9 million 1,500-horsepower Regera and the Agera One:1, has chosen the soon-to-open Lamborhini Calgary as its first authorized dealer in Canada.

Lamborghini Calgary will be one of four new outlets the Swedish boutique carmaker plans to establish as authorized dealers in North America within the next year, joining Manhattan Motorcars in New York, reports the Calgary Herald.

“I thought that the whole world whenever they show off a new car, a new brand, they pick a major city and I think Calgarians at heart are probably the most dedicated sports car, supercar drivers, in all of Canada quite honestly. Our demographics tell us that," Asgar Virji, president of Lamborghini Calgary and Vancouver's Weissach Performance told the Calgary Herald.

"There’s a huge amount of interest in Calgary. I thought let’s do the out of ordinary. We have a brand new store ...let’s bring the Koenigsegg brand and launch it in Calgary.”

Koenigsegg recently unveiled the newest additions to its lineup, the Regera and the Agera RS at the Geneva Motor Show.

While the new dealership plans to have a half-dozen new Lamborghinis on the sales floor when it opens on May 1, plus a fleet of used Lotuses and Porsches outside, no Koenigsegg models will have a home on the show floor as the cars are only built to customer specification once the order is placed.

While Koenigsegg's hypercars are all custom-built to owner's preferences, they all generally sport 1,000-plus-horsepower engines and unique dihedral-opening doors.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Hey, the oil moguls need therir cars too!

Oh wait, the oil moguls are mostly americans not living in Canada... Errr.... Carry on.

Have to check my MAX ticket from last night lol joke, I wouldn't even live here if I would win 40 mill

“...Calgarians at heart are probably the most dedicated sports car, supercar drivers, in all of Canada quite honestly. Our demographics tell us that," Asgar Virji, president of Lamborghini Calgary and Vancouver's Weissach Performance told the Calgary Herald.
Translation:

"Calgarians at heart have more money to waste than anywhere else in Canada."

Calgary doesn't even have 1 racetrack... Just a bunch of rich guys with more money than brains.

The first canadian koenigsegg will be crashed for sure lol. Too much power for canadians to handle.

??? I'd say Canadians can drive with the best of them. Too much power for Quebec roads maybe.

Back