Lease is up 4 months after warranty expires and N20 engines are blowing up...

This. 4 months is nothing. if you didn't have a baloune brought over onto this lease, they should be good to take it back a few months early. Depending on what time of year, higher end brands even have promotions for this type of thing, so it wont even fall on dealer negotiation, they just want to make sure you take another car.

My buddy has a x3 2013 with relatively low mileage, in 6 months, he changed batteries, water pump (that was draining the batteries), now his engine is torn apart at the garage, he is fed up with this garbage. Shit can go bad with BMW real fast.

Le monde me font rire ... le gars se promene avec un char pendent 4 ans ....

il est pret a PAYEZ une assurance pour 4 mois .... qui risque de couté un bras

mais il est pas pret a gerer le risque de PAS PAYEZ du tout pendent 4 mois

Si ta concience ne peu supporté ca ... comme certain on dit change de char avant la fin

Dans le pire des cas fait honoré la garantie legal 6 ans ou 160 000 km c'est du trouble mais ca se fait

Must be the new German engineering.

1037681856.jpg

On a more serious note, like others have said try to get out early and if that's not possible and if you're ready to pay a premium for a warranty why not park it for 4 month, driving it only occasionally and consider the 4 months of lease as "insurance" while you get another car.

Je n’ai plus de garantie sur le mien depuis 4 mois et 10 000 km. Je ne dors plus la nuit. Oh wait... c’est parce que je viens d’avoir un bébé.

Le monde me font rire ... le gars se promene avec un char pendent 4 ans ....

il est pret a PAYEZ une assurance pour 4 mois .... qui risque de couté un bras

mais il est pas pret a gerer le risque de PAS PAYEZ du tout pendent 4 mois

Si ta concience ne peu supporté ca ... comme certain on dit change de char avant la fin

Dans le pire des cas fait honoré la garantie legal 6 ans ou 160 000 km c'est du trouble mais ca se fait

À moins qu'un courant majoritaire fort ressorte pour dire que la garantie légale pour du neuf est 6 an/160k, c'est plutôt du cas par cas à l'appréciation du juge

https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/consomma...-achat/auto-neuve/garantie/garanties-legales/

Dans les circonstances, il pourrait être raisonnable que OP soit couvert pour les 4 mois hors garantie vu la nature du contrat et le prix considérable du véhicule, mais rien n'est moins sûr.

My buddy has a x3 2013 with relatively low mileage, in 6 months, he changed batteries, water pump (that was draining the batteries), now his engine is torn apart at the garage, he is fed up with this garbage. Shit can go bad with BMW real fast.

I meant it's nothing with regards to buying out that little time at the end of a lease. I know things can go sour fast with German cars off warranty.

why not park it for 4 month

It's a turbo BMW, it will find a way to make the owner miserable, even if it's parked in his driveway for four months. The car will probably crap out the day he drives it to the dealer for the lease return.

It's a turbo BMW, it will find a way to make the owner miserable

Funny story left my bmw in my parents driveway for more than 1 day, a branch from a tree fell on it, never in 20 years a branch made it from that tree in the driveway, so yeah it will find a way lol

fak mon bo frere avec sa 335 de 160 00km est-ce qu'il joue a la roulette russe?

BMW extended the warranty on the HPFP and fuel injectors to 10 years / 190000km and wastegate related issue to 8 years / 130000km but in the USA only. BMW however WILL tell you to pound sand if your HPFP or fuel injectors have already been replaced, the warranty on the newer part will apply instead of the extended warranty.

So basically how I feel when I hear about high mileage N54's:
12229707.jpg

Need to page all the Subaru SJWs on these forums to this thread. This is outrageous I tell you.

Les n20 de 2011 a 2015 on un problème de guide de timing chain qui brise, le guide est en plastique, le seule symptôme que tu va avoir c'est un "whine" jusqu'à temps que ça brise.

Vrai et voici le son en question:

Spatula.... lets agree that maybe you hit some bad luck bud... but you sound like me back in the days with my MK4 golf, hating on VW left/right/centre

I didn't have issues with my Mini Cooper S/E90/340i ..... I'm at 44k now with my 340i

Need to page all the Subaru SJWs on these forums to this thread. This is outrageous I tell you.

Got your page man wassap?
Holy fucking shit another car brand having issues is not being dragged into the ground by an army of knowledge and superior beings on the forum because a lot of them actually have a bmw and it wouldn’t be appropriate to crucify the car brand they trusted just because a few n20 engines are blwong up at a rate were gregster and team at momentum will have to tripple lifts and employees in the gears to come!!! What I am triggered
What the fuck is this
Seen it all before
So much problem
O mer ged
Germain engineering failed us what the???
That pretty much how you all went when a imlreza blew it’s engine
In before one sided story
In before I never had issues with my bmw
In before mental breakdown
In after mental breakdown
In before major lawsuit
In before lemon law
In before pavac
In becore the outsider addressing posts to bmw canada wich they will never read
In before undisclosed deals with rollingsound
Did you ever sell your trek madone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issues on N54 are well known and yea BMW will tell you to pound sand on a 10 year old car. Most places would

À moins qu'un courant majoritaire fort ressorte pour dire que la garantie légale pour du neuf est 6 an/160k, c'est plutôt du cas par cas à l'appréciation du juge

https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/consomma...-achat/auto-neuve/garantie/garanties-legales/

Dans les circonstances, il pourrait être raisonnable que OP soit couvert pour les 4 mois hors garantie vu la nature du contrat et le prix considérable du véhicule, mais rien n'est moins sûr.

c'est en partie du cas par cas , mais le pavac se sert de se bareme pour determiner la depreciation du vehicule je me rappel pas tout les details

Hi guys, I've got a lease coming due in the late Fall of 2019 but the warranty expires in the Summer of 2019. I'll be w/o coverage for a handful of months. This came about because I bought a demo model btw. I wasn't too worried because catastrophic failures of drivetrain usually follow a bathtub curve where it either craps out at the beginning or the end of life. Apparently though, Bmer N20 engines are crapping out at an alarming rate. I'm looking for advice on my options here. I looked up aftermarket warranties but all the terms seem to be for 12 months or more and are kind of pricey. I also could go whore myself at the dealer around Summer 2019 and say if I can get myself out of my lease early I'll sign a new one. Are there any other options anyone is aware of? An engine replacement is not an acceptable financial risk for me given the failure rates we're seeing with these bloody engines.

Thanks!

Are you a little paranoid ? Your BMW won't blow up the day your lease expires. If there is something wrong with your car report it to the service dept so it is recorded.
Stop listening or reading all this garbage on the WEB. Take good care , do not abuse it and all will be fine.

Threads like those further cements my belief that anything luxury newer than 2010-ish is a big No-No once it's out of warranty.

Not sure what you consider luxury, but if Lexus is luxury to you, its super reliable, sometimes ahead of Toyota.

Back