MR members recent death used by politicians to try to make cell/car use Criminal

illuminance

Legacy Member
Quebec's transport minister is asking the federal government to consider criminalizing the use of cellphones while driving.

Quebec to Ottawa: Consider criminalizing cellphone use while driving
Provincial Transport Minister Laurent Lessard wants stiffer law against drivers using mobile devices

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/cell-phone-driving-quebec-1.3734275

thankfully the fed thus far has said 'tools are already in place' so theyr'e not rushing to Give Jail Time for using a cell phone while driving

I'd be curious to see the statistics. How many DEATHS caused by texting specifically, before and after the law was put into place. We can all agree that texting while driving is the issue here, but people now text while driving MORE than before because it's easier to hide than blatantly being on the phone. Therefor, this no cell phone law has actually made things more dangerous IMO.

in the video I agree attitude is bigger part than forcing laws.

We have too many laws and no self-awareness.

Well said , the road education is a fail for many , i see it everyday : make up/eating/texting/loud music/no flasher/no cares for driving. I prefer driving + 25+ over the psl and pay attention.
in the video I agree attitude is bigger part than forcing laws.

We have too many laws and no self-awareness.

"Coroner Michel Ferland’s recommendation comes following the death of Jimmy Rotondo, killed after rear-ending a truck on Highway 13 in Laval on March 3. The coroner’s report shows Rotondo was texting moments before the fatal accident. While Ferland admits there's way no to determine with certainty texting caused the crash, he says it is the only explanation for what happened that morning."

avez vous remarquer qu'en general, de moins en moins de monde on de savoir vivre, font du due diligence, courtoisie, respect d'autruie? ces choses etait normale et eduquer quand j'etait plus jeune. On dirait que la generation actuel, on pas cette education. Ce calisse de tout le monde, de tous, des autres, aucun respect pour rien, se pense meilleur, etc...

pourtant, il y avait beaucoup moins de lois, moins de reglement, je sais pas si c'est une evolution normale, ou simplement qu'on a manquer quelque chose...

on dirais que le gros bon sens, ca existe tout simplement pus. Les gens se pense seul au monde, toute tourne autour de leur petit nombrils, la collectiviter c'est pas leur problemes, je me moi. Ca prend des regles, des lois pour tous...ca pas d'astie de bon sens.

Back