Legacy Member
Photo2013-03-07113410.jpg

Photo2013-03-07113415.jpg

Photo2013-03-07113430.jpg

Photo2013-03-07113441.jpg

Photo2013-03-07113500.jpg

Photo2013-05-17160834.jpg
(Mr. Pimms)

So I was deciding between a M135i, Renault Megane RS or this. Decided to go for the Mini for sheer rare factor (although my little town has 3 or almost 10% of Swiss allocation). Great little car. Great for quick blasts down mountain roads, but on the autobahn the ride was borderline unacceptable. Might take it to Nurburgring next year and possibly Imola. The car has monster brakes and good suspension. I swapped the Kumho V70 semi-slicks for Michelin SuperSports, the Kumho lasted only about a couple of thousand kilometers.

I'd say it's certainly better value then a JCW. The regular JCW is just a power upgrade. The early ones did not even have the bodykit as standard. The GP has very trick bilsteins that alone cost several grand, the suspension geometry is completely different i.e. it's not just lowered. The brakes are huge. The aerodynamic package actually works, BMW spent a bit of time in their new wind tunnel for this car. The residuals on GPs are huge. The first gen is at 50% after 6 years which is huge.

thanks for the explanation. it does looks very good ! I dont see that much Mini's around here so JCW are even a rarer breed.

They are quiet expensive in Canada. In fact the GP is the rare car that's actually more expensive in Canada then Switzerland. Especially in the States it's the same price as a nearly new M3. The rarity factor makes up for it. Canada got 40 I think.

I'm sorry officer I didn't see the speed.
cop: are you fucking blind ?

Nice car, this actually looks very good, can't even compare to normal minis.

Not sure about that red circle and the gp on the hood ( i know is from factory) . Still a beautiful car.

Back