My trip to Sig Fest 2015 (E30 M3 Content)

Mtlalex

Legacy Member
After 4 years of owning my E30 M3 I was finally able to attend Sig Fest Down in New Jersey. I may should of put this thread in the BMW section but i figured that a lot of car enthusiast out there will appreciate this one!!! So I to take 4 days off work and drove 7hours down to Farmingdale NJ. Here are a few pictures that will explain my trip! Hope you guys enjoy!

The truck and Bimmer are ready to go!!

My Gf making sure the trailer is still there!

We arrived a day early so we could take the Bimmer off the trailer and drive down to Atlantic City.

Due to the "in between" season we weren't expecting much from Atlantic City but definitely not expected this beautiful Corvette to get stuck on the beach!!! lol I have no idea what this guy was thinking?

Lol I left my ride where it belongs….on Pavement

Ok so on to the good stuff!! The next day was the event I've been waiting for for a long time… I wasn't disappointed. The first 3 cars blew me right off my mind!! 2 real evos and 1 Convertible M3!!

Up next was a plethora of M3… I was completely overwhelmed i will let the picture speak for them selves

So looking back on the weekend I'm really happy i finally made the trip but after seeing all those Beautiful E30s only made me realize i have a lot of work/$ ahead of me to make mine close to the level of Quality i witnessed down there!

Anyways! lol If you guys wanna read a little more on this event from real Journalists Heres the link to the Jalopnik and Mfatuation Coverage!
http://jalopnik.com/a-weekend-of-perfect-bmw-e30-m3s-and-japanese-rally-car-1738530375
http://mfatuation.com/blog/?p=2647

48850066.jpg

I would have been running around giggling like a little school girl... Amazing.

Absolutely love your car. I makes me sad seeing it on a trailer though.

I remember back in 1993, my dad had an E30 M3 during our summer vacation. He bought it in Germany and drove it down to Greece, while we flew directly to Greece. He then drove back up three months later and sold it in Frankfurt at a car buy/sell meet that was held each sunday. I distinctly remember him revving the absolute crap out of that motor. He was pretty much WOT all the time in that thing. That sound is probably the most vivid sound of that vacation.

Come to think of it my dad has owned quite a few unicorns, lol. w123 Mercedes, MK1 Rabbit gti (bought new), e30 m3, Citroen bx, Renault medallion... To bad he didn't keep any of them!

Absolutely love your car. I makes me sad seeing it on a trailer though.

I remember back in 1993, my dad had an E30 M3 during our summer vacation. He bought it in Germany and drove it down to Greece, while we flew directly to Greece. He then drove back up three months later and sold it in Frankfurt at a car buy/sell meet that was held each sunday. I distinctly remember him revving the absolute crap out of that motor. He was pretty much WOT all the time in that thing. That sound is probably the most vivid sound of that vacation.

Come to think of it my dad has owned quite a few unicorns, lol. w123 Mercedes, MK1 Rabbit gti (bought new), e30 m3, Citroen bx, Renault medallion... To bad he didn't keep any of them!
Wow your dad had great taste in cars! Hope it rubbed on you!
I agree that putting my Bimmer on a Trailer was not my first choice but my car in not 5 years old anymore and has over 200000km of high revs on it. Trust me, I beat the shit out of this car every chance I get. After all thats what it was meant to do? But my decision was based on the fact that breaking down on the side of an interstate in the middle of no where isn't exactly e30 m3 friendly. I already don't trust many mechanics around montreal to work on it for the few things i can't do… So ya a trailer was the smart way of going about this one.

Wow your dad had great taste in cars! Hope it rubbed on you!
I agree that putting my Bimmer on a Trailer was not my first choice but my car in not 5 years old anymore and has over 200000km of high revs on it. Trust me, I beat the shit out of this car every chance I get. After all thats what it was meant to do? But my decision was based on the fact that breaking down on the side of an interstate in the middle of no where isn't exactly e30 m3 friendly. I already don't trust many mechanics around montreal to work on it for the few things i can't do… So ya a trailer was the smart way of going about this one.

The taste has rubbed off, but lifestyle choices has me limited on having toys lying around for the past few years.

Yeah I can understand your choice for trailering it. Glad you take it out and drive it like it should be driven = beat the fucking crap out of it, but maintain it meticulously.

Btw you bought this car four years ago? Good timing! You bought just before everyone went batshit crazy about these cars and prices started soaring three years ago. I don't know what you paid, but its likely worth at least double what you paid back then!

Nice pics!
Les plus belles années des M3.
Tu sors du lot avec tes mags. On ne voit que des BBS full mesh dans le meet!

The taste has rubbed off, but lifestyle choices has me limited on having toys lying around for the past few years.

Yeah I can understand your choice for trailering it. Glad you take it out and drive it like it should be driven = beat the fucking crap out of it, but maintain it meticulously.

Btw you bought this car four years ago? Good timing! You bought just before everyone went batshit crazy about these cars and prices started soaring three years ago. I don't know what you paid, but its likely worth at least double what you paid back then!

Ya I hear you!

This car was a dream of mine ever since I first heard/saw one maybe 15years ago? I was finally able to buy in 2011 from a guy in Toronto. I had no clue the car was going to double in price in so little time… Funny cuz I though I was paying a lot (16k$) little did i know… Same thing happened to the 993. Its sad in a sense cuz its all rich guys paying crazy money ultimately driving the prices up just to have one sit in they're Garage making it impossible for "us" to own one. Honestly I wouldn't be able to afford this car in todays market...

Ya I hear you!

This car was a dream of mine ever since I first heard/saw one maybe 15years ago? I was finally able to buy in 2011 from a guy in Toronto. I had no clue the car was going to double in price in so little time… Funny cuz I though I was paying a lot (16k$) little did i know… Same thing happened to the 993. Its sad in a sense cuz its all rich guys paying crazy money ultimately driving the prices up just to have one sit in they're Garage making it impossible for "us" to own one. Honestly I wouldn't be able to afford this car in todays market...

Damn so true... A mint lo-miles example is hard to find under 50k$ today, and thats before you get into the Sport Evo-Evo2-cabbys-special editions like the Cecottos...
Your M looks fantastic despite the 200k+ kms (never wouldve guessed lol)! Thx for sharing those amazing pics! *tu*

Damn so true... A mint lo-miles example is hard to find under 50k$ today, and thats before you get into the Sport Evo-Evo2-cabbys-special editions like the Cecottos...
Your M looks fantastic despite the 200k+ kms (never wouldve guessed lol)! Thx for sharing those amazing pics! *tu*

Thanks! Ya im not to worried about the 200gkm since its got a clean title all vins are there and i rebuilt the engine 3 winters ago... At this point its just a number. It mint in my books! ;)

Back