Nuerburgring Stupidity

I like how most people think racing is a nice passtime or a nice thing to go watch with your family and have some hotdogs........ racing is dangerous. If your on the ring you know the risks. If your watching a car on a racetrack , you have a chance of it crashing and debris killing you. The ring is probably one of the most dangerous tracks in the world. its really fast with little runoff..didnt Lauda try to have it banned even before he got burnt?

I like how most people think racing is a nice passtime or a nice thing to go watch with your family and have some hotdogs........ racing is dangerous. If your on the ring you know the risks. If your watching a car on a racetrack , you have a chance of it crashing and debris killing you. The ring is probably one of the most dangerous tracks in the world. its really fast with little runoff..didnt Lauda try to have it banned even before he got burnt?

You know, I agree with letting dangerous events with high risks and deadly potential outcomes still take place.

There are safer racetracks, there are safer things to do and nobody is forcing you to be behind the wheel or behind the fence at one of the most (if not the most) dangerous tracks in the world. For many, that's a good part of the appeal.

Know the risks if you're going to take the risks, but that's all I've got. People don't stop dying if you cover them in bubblewrap; they'll just find more extreme and dangerous things to do to fuel their adrenaline for high-risk activities.

Calmez-vous, c'est un article pour ramasser des clics...

" It’s not known for how long this ban will be enforced, but there is a chance everything will return back to normal after things calm down. "

There’s no more ultimate bragging right in the automotive space than a Nürburgring lap record, but on the heels of the crash that claimed a life the people who run the ‘Ring have passed down a ban on manufacturer lap records for the remainder of the year.

This news comes from the producers of the documentary APEX, who were hoping to film Koenigsegg’s record run attempt in the Koenigsegg ONE:

It was early Tuesday morning when I received an urgent phone call from Christian. In two days, I was to jump on a plane with my team to capture the Koenigsegg lap-time effort for our upcoming 4K documentary, APEX, which we’re producing in conjunction with Sony. This is the final chapter in a storyline that follows the past three years of auto manufacturers battling it out for technological dominance in producing halo cars for the next decade, cars including the Porsche 918, McLaren P1, and Ferrari LaFerrari. All have shown what they’re worth on the track, but the Koenigsegg One:1 has yet to do so.

According to Apex, even though there were restrictions in place the Lamborghini Aventador SV did a record run. How?

Nürburgring management claims Lamborghini’s attempt happened one day before they issued the latest round of restrictions.
Ultimately, individuals we’ve spoken with indicate that this may be revisited next year when things have cooled off a bit.

http://jalopnik.com/the-nurburgring-banned-lap-records-1712496751

From jalopnik... looks like clickbait but it's not really

meh for all the butthurts basement racing enthusiasts we still have real racing videos to enjoy

Possibly the end of an era... With Porsche sitting pretty on top. Did McLaren never release an official time for the P1?

I have mixed feelings about this. I realise the Ring is a public toll road, so I can understand imposing a speed limit during "regular" hours when normal cars are allowed on the track. But to put a speed limit for professional races seems really strange. There's always been risk involved in racing, whether you're a driver or a spectator. What's next? Speed limit during the Isle of Man TT? As long as drivers and spectators have enough of a passion to put themselves at risk for a sport they love, why not let them do it?

Possibly the end of an era... With Porsche sitting pretty on top. Did McLaren never release an official time for the P1?

I have mixed feelings about this. I realise the Ring is a public toll road, so I can understand imposing a speed limit during "regular" hours when normal cars are allowed on the track. But to put a speed limit for professional races seems really strange. There's always been risk involved in racing, whether you're a driver or a spectator. What's next? Speed limit during the Isle of Man TT? As long as drivers and spectators have enough of a passion to put themselves at risk for a sport they love, why not let them do it?

My friend went there and he told me that it's a nutshell full of retard driver where there's high risk of incident at every corner. Many tourist, bikers, race bikers, good drivers, idiots flooring thier car during the whole lap.

My friend went there and he told me that it's a nutshell full of retard driver where there's high risk of incident at every corner. Many tourist, bikers, race bikers, good drivers, idiots flooring thier car during the whole lap.

You see that in the video of incidents posted in this thread - even in the non-race drivers. A couple of really ignorant drivers sharing the track with motorcycles too, putting the riders in serious danger.

8ogqE4c.jpg

The problem is not the street cars, but actually the race cars.

The track has a lot of 'crests' in it, which is how air got underneath the car in the first place. Did anyone see the video of the F458 that crashed last weekend at Road America. They had car to car contact, which lifted the nose of the car ever so slightly, and at 150, the car just lifted off the ground.

Stick your hand out the window at 100kph, with your hand flat, change the angle, and feel the difference when you angle your hand slightly upwards. Same principle.

Sans être pour, sa l'air d'être le dawa total sur cette track! Je serai curieux de voir il y a combien d'accidents/mort par ans. En plus on dirai vraiment le free for all lors des jounées ''essai libre'', moto, porsche gt3, pis des civic tout en même temps!

Je voit vraiment pas ce que tu veux dire.....

"Meanwhile, maybe we’ll finally get some comfortable cars" I lol'ed.

People who race are well aware of the risk. People who spectate are well aware of the possibility of an accident. Especially on a track such as the ring. With that said, as tragic the accident was. It should have no affect on the track. You want to protect spectators? Build higher walls. Build bigger walls for all I care. But to setting "speed limits" on a race track is sacrilegious.

:lame:

I agree with you that speed limits on race tracks are quite controversial and I'm not particularly keen on them being there. But in the end you have to look at who pays for the racing, it's the fans, and the sponsors wouldn't be there if the fans weren't there and there'd be no racing...

Why should the racetrack be dangerous ? Just for history's sake of keeping the track the same ? LeMans added 2 chicanes in the Mulsanne straight to reduce speeds and make it safer, does it make racing less exciting ?

Spectators dying and not changing a racetrack for the sake of history is ridiculous, it's bad publicity for a sport that already struggles with it's image (i.e. not eco-friendly, wasteful, pointless to some extent).

Back