Oil leak / fuite d'huile Acura EL 1999 (photos)

Bigwoods

Hey,
Please give me some input on what this could be, if it's damaging to my vehicle and what needs to be done.
I was driving today and noticed a very vague smell of oil, opened the hood to find what looks like an oil leak. This was not here during the summer..
My car is a 1999 Acura 1.6 EL with 189,500km on it if that helps!

Salut,
Aujourd’hui en conduisant jai senti un peu d'huile brûler, quand jai regarder en dessous du capot jai trouver ça (photo). Cela n’étais pas la cette été, SVP me donner des consigne de quoi ça peux être, faut-il être réparer etc
Mon auto c'est une 1999 Acura 1.6 EL avec 189,500km

Merci, thank you

attachment.php

attachment.php

sorry bud but it could be coming from a lot of places,
head to block
valve cover
oil pan

those are only some of the locations oil can leak from.

as for wether or not its damaging... it should be as long as you keep a good amount of oil in the engine. my oil pan leaks a bit but not enough to warrant adding any in between my oil changes. has been like this for years and I havent wanted to do anything about it because i would need to change my exhaust

@turbo86 thank you for you input, appreciated
@motomaniac i think the photo album was on private, can you see the photos now?

after looking at the photos, most likely a cam seal. they thend to go above 150 000kms. they are cheap and easy enough to replace

salut, gasket de tete dut ou met du poté orange ^^ ou ton bouchon d'huile mal vissé sa ressemble a sa^^ plus lhuile partout en spot, :)

that looks like a distributor o ring gasket i had the same exact problem easy to fix cost 1$ for part 3 bolts 20mins to do

Back