Pneus d'hiver 225/40R18

Definetaly the wintercontact si.

They are like Michelin xi3's (quiet, smooth, all-season like ride), but they are much better on snow and slush, and handle better than any non-performance oriented winter tire (ws80, gsi5, Xice3, Pirelli ice zero, etc)...

i would say ... spend a few bucks and get 17'' steelies

i was in your boat, same size and decided go the 17'' and i do not regret it ( 18'' tires used to be much more $$ back in the days too )

225/40R18 is skinny AF for winter IMO

I'm thinking going 16", not a performance package GTI, 205/55R16, maybe Nordman 5, Garit KX, Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme S.

This.

40 aspect ratio winter tires are a waste of money. Plus after 4 years, it's less expensive to have wheels/tires installed than pay to mount tires twice a tear. And better for the wheels and tires.

Sotto winter tires, lol!

For a 16" or 17", since you don't do too many miles and need a good safe set of tires for a good price, look at the WinterContact SI. The only thing is that they are not a deep tire, 10/32 when new, so not sure how long they will last. The Nordfrost 100/200 is also within the same price point.

J'allais dire... Les Sottozero c'est vraiment de la merde comme pneus pour nos hiver. Je sais pas ou ta vu que le Michelin est pas bon dans la neige mais c'est le meilleur pneu d'hiver j'ai eu apres des Nokian. BEN avant des Sottozero. Le Michelin est pas bruiant, jamais fait d'aquaplanage et bonne usure. Grip tres bien dans la neige et a un sidewall pas trop mou.
Il parle de Xdrive, pas x-ice.

Personellement, sur mon dernier beater j'ai eu des x-ice un peu usé (7/32) et j'ai pas été impressionné.

La performance sur la glace était bonne, mais dans la neige c'était ordinaire pas mal honnêtement.

Well the below description on the Sottozero just confirmed my thoughts.... its an all season tire that they managed to probably squeeze into the winter with logo...

Sottozero Serie II tires are designed not just as winter / snow tires, but as seasonal tires suitable for the weather and road conditions typically experienced in parts of the U.S. between November and April by providing traction and handling in cold, dry, wet and wintry conditions.

I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding, i'm asking about the PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3

pirelli-winter-sottozero-3-medium.jpg

C'est quand la derniere fois que tu as fais aligner ta voiture?

Dropper comme tu es, si tu as du camber c est sur que tu vas flotter.

Jai un set de Nordic deuxieme gen (en V) clouté sur mon sx4, y vas droite comme une ligne meme dans grosse neige, slush. pluie etc. Tire de marde, pourtant le char ''performe'' tres bien.
So here is the problem. Control arms are right off the bushings. Inner wear on both front tires. Yahhh! Slip and slide esti.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back